Search results

1. C

How can I get rid of a Eunicid Hitchhiker??

glass? sounds like something from the movie seven. You could also a lot of night viewing, you may catch him outside the rock esp. if you do some light feeding at night.
  2. C

Tubeworm (?) hitchiker

could be vermetid snails. though tentacles don't match the description. anyway good luck. pictures would help.
  3. C

Unidentified Hitchhiker

asterina. :) probably
  4. C

Help plz

Throw it in the sump and get some better pictures and a good ID if you can. There is probably someone who may want it if you don't.
  5. C

id this worm

Possibly Echiura (spoon worm). Hard to tell unless you dig it out of the sediment. The body of an echiuran is composed of a sausage-shaped, cylindrical trunk and an anterior proboscis. They are usually a drab gray or brown color. The proboscis is large, flattened projection of the head and...
  6. C

Larvae?

Parapodia and setae... 99.9% sure they are Polychaete, it would be difficult to get a genus and species. Very cool colors!
  7. C

Damaged coral.

Thanks! That's a bummer, not what I wanted to hear, lol. As far as detailed inspection of corals before I buy them goes.. I have defiantly learned my lesson. From what I researched the green pagoda cup (thick variety) is rather hearty. Maybe I need better sources. If I am forced...
  8. C

Damaged coral.

Quick question... If a coral is bruised how long does it take for the skeleton to show? I bought a pagoda cup coral yesterday afternoon and had to take it back this morning because it was too large for my 8g nano. I brought it in and they said it was showing skeleton, so they may not let me...
  9. C

what species of polychaete?

There are thousands of types of bristle worms, yes a majority are harmless and beneficial. But... Something is upsetting my fish and corals, there is no doubt. Other corals in the tank including snails are fine and are showing no signs of stress. I have been testing my water vigorously and...
  10. C

Uh, ok. thanks.
  11. C

I have noticed some upset mushrooms, my cleaner shrimp died, and my fire goby has been acting funny. All my parameters are golden. Tank is well established and today I think I have found the possible problem. Please help, thanks! In the picture the worm is trying to get at my bi-valve :(
  12. C

shellless snail?

I'm 80% certain a snail cannot live without its shell. If it can...it wouldn't be living long. Slugs and snails are different. A snails "skin" or mantle is attached to the shell which houses it's visceral mass (vital organs). A snail can repair a shell, but can't regenerate a whole new one...
  13. C

DIY pH indicator

If you are a dork like me you may enjoy this. It's very easy to do. I guess it could save you a little bit of money in the long run, but you have to calibrate the home made solution with a real pH test kit. DIY pH Indicator with cabbage
  14. C

Plumbing basics

Thanks! :D What is the advantage of having the pvc inside the tank opposed to having the spill off at the top and the pcv outside the tank?
  15. C

Plumbing basics

Would someone be kind enough to link me to a site or thread that will explain plumbing basics? Or just explain it to me if possible. Pictures are a plus. My plan is to drill the back of my Biocube and install an overflow system into a sump/fuge. The return pump I can probably figure out on...
  16. C

Hey!

Thanks for the welcomes :wave: Guess I'm eatin shrimp tomorrow night! mmmmm.
  17. C

Hey!

Thanks:bouncer: Tossed a shrimp pellet in earlier to see what would happen... should I toss a few more in there?
  18. C

Hey!

Hello reefers, (heh reeferers) I am a reef noob. I'm living in Asheville and going to school for a Bio degree. My 8g Biocube is about 8 days old, with water. Copepods everywhere :snrkl: I've modified the back of my tank into a fuge with chaeto and a velcroed on light I made from...