Search results

1. T

Lowest cost and easiest way to eliminate green hair, bubble, turf and slime algae

It is growing some, and has filled in closer to the center the past couple weeks... The outer edges have had a decent amount, and just tapers off toward the center. After this week of growth I'll evaluate further time adjustment and make the modification to the bubble shell you suggested.
  2. T

Filtration: Sump vs. Wet/Ddry

DIY sump 100%. Wet/drys are of antiquated methodology.
  3. T

Lowest cost and easiest way to eliminate green hair, bubble, turf and slime algae

I'm getting as much or more growth on my glass than I am on my screen with my HOG.5... I have, however, still been getting a little bit of burn in the center of my screen - I'm currently knocking an hour per day off each week and I think the full cover of green should be back by this week or...
  4. T

Tyler's 120 Gallon

More baby steps, still not in the new house, hopefully closing before the end of the month. Ordered my overflow, returns, and bulkheads/plumbing today. I still absolutely cannot decide on wtf to do for my stand...
  5. T

Need reactor media suggestions

I always run carbon, and GFO if I'm having an algae phase.
  6. T

Vortech MP10w ES

Haha, multiple outlets =)
  7. T

Question about Nitrates in Tank

I literally lol'ed at that... You're still creating matter here... You can't take 100% away and have some left over...
  8. T

Vortech MP10w ES

Sold.
  9. T

Steved13's 250G Deep Dimension

Love the tank Steve, and that Purple Tang is beautiful.
  10. T

Question about Nitrates in Tank

Oh, so if your LFS told you that putting bacon in your tank it would cause your Hogfish to incite an uprising you would believe that too, because he has 40 years of experience running a business? My guess is that you don't understand what you're arguing. Nitrate reduction is directly...
  11. T

Vortech MP10w ES

Manufactured April 2011.
  12. T

Vortech MP10w ES

MP10wES needs to go, decided on using Tunze for my water movement. $200 Shipped.
  13. T

Was checking this led unit out whats your thought any good or trash? Sound off guys

Re: Was checking this led unit out whats your thought any good or trash? Sound off g You get what you pay for.
  14. T

Media Reactors

Right now I'm running my GFO in a TLF150 reactor and carbon in a bag... I just make sure to give the carbon bag a little shake every day when I feed.
  15. T

Jbj ?

Just like any other glass, there are a few pictures on my tank thread floating around somewhere.
  16. T

Jbj ?

I drilled my NanoCube no problem.
  17. T

Tyler's 120 Gallon

Picked up a 1262 and a couple heaters today... Baby steps!
  18. T

Tyler's 120 Gallon

This is still brewing :D
  19. T

Ideal water parameters and dosing

I'm a fan of keeping the levels stable at average readings, maintaining elevated levels is much trickier... 420ppm Calcium, 9Dkh Alkalinity, and 1350 Magnesium are my sweet spots. SPS = Stability Promotes Success!