Was checking this led unit out whats your thought any good or trash? Sound off guys

We have a new light on the way, with a built-in controller and heatsink!! The controller has an LCD touch interface, and allows for 48 data points, the whites/colors, royal blues, and moonlights are all separately programmable. The fixtures are linkable, and come with fully adjustable, and tilt-able hanging wires. The exact color combo is as follows: channel 1; 16 7500k cool whites, 2 480nm blues, 2 520nm greens, 2 630nm red, 2 660nm reds, and 4 410-420nm violets. Channel 2; 24 450nm royal blue, Channel 3; 3 480nm blue moonlights, for a total of 55 3 watt LEDs. Each unit measures about 16" long x 8" wide x 2.75" tall. The fixture comes with 60, 90, or 120 degree optics, and is set at $299 shipped. it has 55 3 watt full spectrum as you can see.
T2eC16NwsE9suwjMBQSqqHsk-g60_57_zpsff4e1f7f.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

carlfike

Re: Was checking thiut whats your thought any good or trash? Sound off guys

All that for $299. Where's scooby doo I smell a mystery..seems kinda fishy

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

StirCrayzy

Re: Was checking this led unit out whats your thought any good or trash? Sound off g

Sounds like a deal. Whos it by?
Prob uses ultra cheap chinese LEDs.
What are some of the controller features?

Re: Was checking this led unit out whats your thought any good or trash? Sound off g

Sounds like a deal. Whos it by?
Prob uses ultra cheap chinese LEDs.
What are some of the ?

well its say 120 watt does't give what brand of leds. i sent a message asking . it doesn't say what the control features i figure pretty basic dim. morning noon sunset that kinda thing think i'll ask just 2 make sure. just seem like really good deal. but probably just cheep junk doesn't say who made it.

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor

I think the guy that sells those is a sponsor on one of those other boards. If it's that particular seller, I've talked to him about his fixtures and I believe (but please don't quote me) they are bridgelux leds. He also does them in Cree but they are I think another $100 a unit and he does make some of the units but he has most made in China.

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor

I just checked, and it the same pic and they are bridglux leds.

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor

Well they seem like good units. The LCD thing is new for him but he's been doing these lights for a while and he seems to sell quite a few on the other board. Like I told you I'm not 100% sold on LED's yet, and if I was going that way I'd still add a couple of T5's just to assure full spectrum even though his fixtures does have a wide variety of bulbs (but again that's just me). But if I was going to try a unit I think that would be a good one to try.

Well they seem like good units. The LCD thing is new for him but he's been doing these lights for a while and he seems to sell quite a few on the other board. Like I told you I'm not 100% sold on LED's yet, and if I was going that way I'd still add a couple of T5's just to assure full spectrum even though his fixtures does have a wide variety of bulbs (but again that's just me). But if I was going to try a unit I think that would be a good one to try.

Thanks Jared. i really appreciate your advice and trust your judgement thanks again.

PIMPALA

no clue on that one bro. BL makes good LED bulbs too, even though CREE is the standard. seems like almost too good of a deal to be true. lol

Built347

Has been struck by the ban stick
Re: Was checking this led

Has a striking similarity to apollo.. n bridgelux bulbs closes the gap.. hmm

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

well guys if it helps has a remote lol
_zps131c47b2.jpg
[/IMG]

Re: Was checking this led

Has a striking similarity to apollo.. n bridgelux bulbs closes the gap.. hmm

i think it is a apollo. found another one identical and said apollo. is apollo any good never heard of them.

Built347

Has been struck by the ban stick
Re: Was checking this led unit out whats your thoughh? Sound off guys

The image shown is not Apollo.. though the case is similar and apollo does use bridgelux.. and yes apollo makes awesome lights..

reefer gladness

If I read the description correctly it doesn't seem possible that each color is independently dimmable.

They only describe 3 channels and listed 6 different color LED's on the channel 1 alone. The channel typically refers to the dimmer channel on the controller so it just doesn't add up.

I suspect they linked 2 drivers (each capable of driving 12 LED's) on channels 1 and 2 and then used an inexpensive controller like the Typhon to give it the programmable features. The Typhon is one of several inexpensive LED controllers on the market and you do get what you pay for (at least in my opinion).

I'd pass on this unit and any other that includes a propietary controller built in. Get yourself a full-featured controller and control everything on your aquarium from one place. Nothing cooler than being able to do everything from your smartphone.

Re: Was checking this led unit out whats your thoughh? Sound off guys

The image shown is not Apollo.. though the case is similar and apollo does use bridgelux.. and yes apollo makes awesome lights..

humm looked just like it and even had same specs oh well LOL

BLADEYAMAHA

Damn, where was this when I built mine? :D