Tyler's 120 Gallon

TylerHaworth

Mehhhhh... Now I'm thinking about going with the old faithful Halide/T5's instead of LED's... The more I read the more I feel like I'm seeing "LED's are just not quite there yet"

The Hamilton Belize 2x250, 2x54, Night LED fixture with E-ballasts in particular is looking pretty good right about now...

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
I'm a led guy now. Mh provided me the best growth n color ;period. The evap sucks tho. Leds n the ramp up of lighting is fantastic.

.............its calibrate ur hydrometer month. no not really but Sheez its important.

TylerHaworth

Yep, growth and color are the only things I really care about... That's what is drawing me back to the tried and true halide/t5 route.

TylerHaworth

I'm still gonna try out the custom LED setup on the Nanocube though... Going solderless so I can easily swap out LED's in pursuit of something truly pleasing to the eye, because as mentioned elsewhere: from what I've seen they just lack something that I can't exactly put my finger on

TylerHaworth

Ahh, nine months of planning and I'm still nowhere close to having it up and running :surrender:

I'm closing on a new home in a little over five weeks and as soon as I do that I'm putting in my first order for equipment and rock... Yay!

Jetbkk

Matt-- i'm running 2 400w MH and getting hardly any evap at all. I guess that is because I'm running a chiller.

Tru2nr

This hobby is not for the faint of heart or wallet.

.............stay thirsty my friend.

Heck yeah! Everytime i go to the lfs i find my self spending more then double what i wanted to

...60% of the time it works every time

TylerHaworth

More baby steps, still not in the new house, hopefully closing before the end of the month.

Ordered my overflow, returns, and bulkheads/plumbing today.

I still absolutely cannot decide on wtf to do for my stand...