Search results

1. oc reefer

Sea anenome dying?

post pics pls =D
  2. oc reefer

Anemones and Sea Hares

Well first off there is a difference between an nudi and a sea hare, second i had my sea hare in my tank for 6 days then came home to find that my 18" capret had him half devoured which was amazing because the sea hare was about 6" long and about 3" around. So ya nems will eat sea hares or try...
  3. oc reefer

Old tank to new tank HELP ADVICE PLS

ok thx for imput nos, just thought id get some advice from pros of the what and whatnots and such.
  4. oc reefer

well thx for all your help and advice.....
  5. oc reefer

Hey Peeps

Hello and welcome, the reefers here rock there a huge help!
  6. oc reefer

ok so im moving my 2 year old well estliblished tank into my new custom with custom sump. My problem is i live in a smallish compact condo and have a crazy girlfriend who hates clutter and is already not happy about a bigger tank. I really dont have the time to set up 2 tanks and wait for it...
  7. oc reefer

Need Help Asap Broken Fuge Hob

I hear what your saying however it grows a great deal of copapods and my chyto and grape as well as it functions as a built-in skimmer. So going without it is not an option.
  8. oc reefer

OK thanks for your input, unforunately i dont have room for anything under the tank so this is whats i got. The person i got it from didnt build it right so thats why im having the problems that i am having now. So it looks like i gotta go and do the PVC project. I would just love to get the...
  9. oc reefer

Ok so I have one of those 3.5 gal Hang on the back Fuges (works great for my 29gal tank) anyway the return PVC's and or gaskets started leaking so today i was trying to tighten the smaller one that pumps water into the tank and it snapped the thredding off into the male part so now its broke im...
  10. oc reefer

New/Tank transfer question???

ok thanks very much for your advice, i will take it all into consideration and hopefully the move will be a success!
  11. oc reefer

even if i transfer all the live sand rock and water from my 29gal? Anyone else care to help out with 2 cents pls?
  12. oc reefer

My new 135gal project

OK Tank update, soooooo........ I left from socal to norcal for like 3 months and had a friend watch the tank during that time the shop owner decided to go and get stuff at the LFS without consulting me and of course he got ick from some fish he got. It killed both of his tangs but left a...
  13. oc reefer

OK so i'm not a total nub but not an expert, i want to switch my 29gal + 5gal Fuge to my 55gal. Basically take every thing from the 29 into the 55. Can this be done or do I have to set up the 55 let it run for the month or whateva and then switch over? Also the 55gal was once a fresh water...
  14. oc reefer

Yellow Polyps And Xenia

that kinda looks like red slime on that rock, you might have cyno outbreak that will kill off your corals.
  15. oc reefer

My new 135gal project

Will do, and ya incredible deal gotta love craigslist =D
  16. oc reefer

RSM 250 (65 Gal) New Set Up

Wow what a beautiful tank, i hope my tank will look like that someday. Im thinking of getting a 250 RSM soon. Very nice job!
  17. oc reefer

My new 135gal project

OK so ive taken on this huge massive project for a friend/client. Its going great so far, heres what we got. (The whole story) So i was at my friends auto shop the other day and there was water all over the back alley, he was like "have you ever been to the shark club" (i havent) anyway...
  18. oc reefer

Nem Nub

kk tyvm, no i dont feed extract my mush mix i use fresh garlic with other stuff mentioned in blender. I will get some silversides from LFS soon, tylvm and my nem thanks u too PS. Watchinfish i just set up that exact tank (hood and stand too) for a friend at his office, its a beautiful setup...
  19. oc reefer

How to remove hair algae effectively!

wow tanks looks very nice now congrats! I take a note of that, i had same type of prob when i started my tank, i did phos ban and got a tang and after 3 weeks mine is gone (weekly waterchanges is a must too).
  20. oc reefer

Nem Nub

OK so i have been reading before i reposted a thread already made but im still not sure so here it goes. I have a rather large carpet nem, i had him for like 1 year already. I bought him from a fellow reefer who dismantled his tank, anyway. I was wondering whats the best food for him, i found...