My new 135gal project

oc reefer

OK so ive taken on this huge massive project for a friend/client. Its going great so far, heres what we got. (The whole story)
MacsTank001.jpg

So i was at my friends auto shop the other day and there was water all over the back alley, he was like "have you ever been to the shark club" (i havent) anyway they have a 5000 gal tank in side the club (Sharks, rays, huge fish, ect...) anyway the return pump broke and flooded the whole club and everyting died! I was like "HOLY $#!+" and told him that i have/do salt water. Well long story long he wanted me to set him up with somethen, soooo......Went on craigslist (gotta love it), and scored!!!!

135 gal Tank $?
Stand and Canopy $?
Live Rock and Sand $?
All Pumps and Lights (power compacts, needs upgrade prolly T5's but whateva) $?
35 gal Sump w/skimmer $?
all extention cords and outlets $?

Any guesses on cost?????????????????????

$650!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OVER $4000 INVESTED BY PREVIOUS OWNER =D

My friend/client has already spent over $400 at LFS but thats nothen for a 135gal, still with that its just over 1K to have up and running. Freaken amazing!!!

Oh ya and the guy i got the tank from had a 2000gal that was built into downstairs house that was already broken down and he gave me over 600 punds of live rock and dead coral FREE that i sold back to LFS for $1.25 an LB. =D

So the tank has been runnen for about 3 weeks now, all the perams look good. Added some chromis' last week and there fine so i added Yellow Tang, Cleaner wrasse (who was tangs buddy at LFS), and a cleaner shrimp.

Heres more pics, ill keeps the thread updated also
MacsTank001.jpg

MacsTank003.jpg

MacsTank002.jpg

IMAG0225.jpg

MacsTank004.jpg

oc reefer

OK Tank update, soooooo........

I left from socal to norcal for like 3 months and had a friend watch the tank during that time the shop owner decided to go and get stuff at the LFS without consulting me and of course he got ick from some fish he got. It killed both of his tangs but left a few smaller fish (he tryed dosing with kick-ick or whatever but didnt save the tangs. I have been back for a while now and got it runnen ****! I finally convinced him to go full reef!!! Heres some pics.
DSC00975.jpg

DSC00978.jpg

DSC00976.jpg

DSC00973.jpg

DSC00977.jpg