Search results

1. degibson84

Scott's Wrasse

Just added a male and female Scott's. Had to shut down the lighting for the night due to my Tomini Tang chasing them around. What is the best thing to use to get them to start eating? I was thinking of just using mysis soaked in garlic
  2. degibson84

SeaChem Reef Salt or Coralife Salt.

Going to make a switch after getting a bad batch of IO. I can't decide between the two. Looking for good stable numbers so I wont have to dose between water changes. Let me know what you guys would use between the two
  3. degibson84

Trachaphyllia issues

A few weeks ago I bought a nice Trach Radiata it was opening up great and had amazing red and green colors on it. after about a week and a half it looked like it wasn't getting plump anymore. I decided to try it in a less turbulent area of the tank and in a day it was back to being plump again...
  4. degibson84

Is this a Hydroid?

I noticed these things growing out in a few spots on my rock. I have been told to leave them they will just go away but I have also been told to get rid of them ASAP. The one rock I removed and tried burning off as many as I could find with a lighter. The other rock I can't pull out as it is the...
  5. degibson84

bulb options

This weekend i bought a 6 bulb T5 fixture and was wondering what would be a good combo. The bulbs are 2 channel 3 bulbs per channel. current setup is 3 Korallen-Zucht fiji purple and 3 10K bulbs. I was thinking 2 ATI blue plus one purple plus on one channel and then 3 10K on the other
  6. degibson84

easy way to hang lights??

I am not sure if the weight for my fixture is accurate or not but i weighed myself then weighed myself holding the light. there was a 20lb difference which seems about right. would using two of these, one on each end, work? Shop TOGGLER Ceiling Hook at Lowes.com
  7. degibson84

Looking for a light for my 220

Money is a big factor but i also want a safe light that wont burn the house down. If you had a low budget what would you pick 72'' Aquarium Light 4X 80 T5 HO Reef LED Hood w Lunars Moonlights Moon New | eBay T5 Reef Lights 72"
  8. degibson84

SpeedWave DC-5000 Water Pump

PLPU-SW-DC1320 Premium Aquatics - PLPU-SW-DC1320 Aquarium Supplies anyone with experience using this pump? is it worth the money to run for my return?
  9. degibson84

ETSS Media Melter 400 calcium reactor

This thing is just slightly used. Dont really need this so looking to move it. Also have the CO2 tank but not sure that i would be able to ship that as well as the remaining A.R.M. Media
  10. degibson84

Dead fish can't get out

I just came home and saw my Wrasse's tail sticking out from between two rocks. I cannot get to it without tearing the entire tank apart. Is it going to hurt leaving him in? My cleaner shrimp is going to town on him. readings as of 2 minutes ago ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 0
  11. degibson84

Eshopps filter sock bracket

On the Eshopps R-300 refugium i purchased the bracket with bulkheads draining into the filter socks has 1 inch bulkheads and i need 1.5. Does anyone know of a company that makes them with 1.5 or am i going to have to try to drill them out?
  12. degibson84

Best Ballast(s) For 4 T12VHO bulbs

my father in law is looking at using T12 VHO bulbs on his 300 gallon setup. He already has endcaps and everything is wired but he is having trouble finding a ballast or 2 that will power them. What are some good options? He had icecaps and coral vue before but those are very old and not working...
  13. degibson84

Glass-holes.com overflow kit

Looking to purchase one of their 1500gph kits but the problem lies with the size of the plumbing. The kit uses 1 1/2 inch PVC but my refugium has bulkhead fittings that are only 1 inch. Will using a reducing coupling affect the gph rating of the overflow so i can get it down to 1 inch?
  14. degibson84

Skimmer and Fuge both HOB FS

I have a CPR Bak Pak skimmer for sale. This has sold twice on eBay both times no payment received. Looking for $50 delivered on this. Also have a CPR Aquafuge Looking for $75 delivered on this.
  15. degibson84

Avoid aquacave.com

placed an order Friday for my 220 gallon build and they are claiming they never received my payment. My credit card was build and now we are sitting on Wednesday and they are still claiming no payment was received
  16. degibson84

Are O'Dell aquariums tempered?

The 220 my father in law is giving me is an Odell based on the fish logo on the front of tank trim. I have been trying to find out if it is tempered or not. I have read that if you look at the glass through polarized sunglasses you will see a rainbow if it is tempered. Not sure if that is true...
  17. degibson84

Trigger systems vs Eshopps refugiums

bee debating lately on which sump to go with. the trigger system sumps look really good but the Eshopps are far cheaper. Ruby? Crystal? Eshopps R-300?
  18. degibson84

BRS vs MarcoRock vs reefrock

which dry rock is the best to start a tank with? BRS I have heard that the rock crumbles once in water pricey Marco seems kind of pricey reefrock very cheap compared to other dry rock which scares me
  19. degibson84

ETSS 1500 XR Skimmer up for grabs

My father-in-law has this for sale. When he purchased his 300g tank this was the skimmer being used. Brand new these things go for over $1000. Let me know if anyone is interested and i will get some pictures here are the details on the skimmer ETSS 1500
  20. degibson84

Koran Angel for sale

I have a juvenile Koran with slight bit of gold showing through on the head. This fish is a trooper and has been through alot. first a 180 that started leaking so he had to be moved into a 75 mid cycle. The 75 then got moved to my house and he has not been phased one bit. I know he is going to...