Search results

1. Jbird0420

FS- Potters Angel

$50 or will trade. Looking for either a Wellsophyllia, Trachyphyllia, or Acan. Pic will be posted shortly....BTW Local ONLY!!! I live in the Tampa, FL. area, will not ship!!!!!! Thanks for looking!
  2. Jbird0420

Dying Brain..Or not?

Thanks again for the help! The brain has made a comeback. I will have to post a pic when I get my camera back.
  3. Jbird0420

Ro/di flow restrictor

I want to use a 75gpd membrane on my Kent Ro/di Hi-S unit 60gpd. I know I need a flow restrictor in order to do this. Is there a current flow restrictor on this unit I need to replace or how does this work? Thanks guys!
  4. Jbird0420

Phosban Results

I had mine setup for a lil over a week. Have not noticed too much of a difference yet. I heard it can take up to 2-3 weeks before noticing a difference. I have mine set to where the top of the Phosban looks like a simmer to boil affect.
  5. Jbird0420

Dying Brain..Or not?

I have another tank, but I don't have the lighting that he needs to thrive in that tank. Tank he's in is mixed with SPS, LPS, and Softies. I use C-Balance as my 2 part solution. I'm trying to keep the Kh on the lower end. In hopes he will make a full recovery. I got my fingers crossed!!LOL
  6. Jbird0420

Dying Brain..Or not?

Yup! That's him. I just recently moved him in that plastic bin, in hopes the shaded light will help him recover. I had him for almost 3 months. I added the solution into a high flow area and it hit the other end of the aquarium before hitting him. But since I added that stuff, he has not been...
  7. Jbird0420

Dying Brain..Or not?

My Trachyphyllia has not opened in over a week and the mouth seemed to start to receed a little bit, but now it seems to be repairing itself. This all started when I added my normal 2 part solution last Monday. As soon as I added the normal dosage of the KH, he immediately closed up and has not...
  8. Jbird0420

Don't think skimmer is foaming like it should!!

I reduced the water level to where you indicated. It did produce a darker skim within the foam, but the collection cup was practically empty. I think this model skimmer has some flaws. Thinking about adding the mesh mod to it and maybe customizing it to look like the Reef Octo Extreme series...
  9. Jbird0420

Jbird sez Ello!

No matter what size tank you end up with, you always want to go bigger! My next is 500g FO. That's a long shot though!!!
  10. Jbird0420

Jbird sez Ello!

Thanks!!! That in wall tank is freakin sweet!!! Like the sump/fuge! How long has it all been up and running?
  11. Jbird0420

I'm gonna try that! Do think I should mesh mod the needlewheel impeller as well?? Been told by a few ppl that it will help out a lot.
  12. Jbird0420

Jbird sez Ello!

Thanks blue_eyes! Your in wall tank is sweet!! Check out my reefspace page when you get an opportunity, i'm going to post more pics on it later today.
  13. Jbird0420

Jbird sez Ello!

Hey There!!!!! Outside of Tampa. I live in Brandon/Valrico area. Do you live in TPA?? I used to raise Discus, it's been since '03. I've migrated to Salt tanks and I'm addicted!! So sounds like your family is into fish tanks as well? Check out my reef space page. Just set it up the other...
  14. Jbird0420

I will try it. I'm trying different things that has been recommended. I will give your recommendation a try and Ill keep everyone posted. Thanks Frankie!!!
  15. Jbird0420

Do you have this type of skimmer? Where you indicated where the water line should be is when the open gate valve is open all the way.
  16. Jbird0420

Are you saying remove the bottom portion of PVC pipe going into the sump from the 90? Did not know about the pressure build up within the outlet pipe. The air intake tube is not blocked at all. I even made sure today and ran boiling Rodi water through it to remove any buildup within the airtube.
  17. Jbird0420

You can if you want to, but I think our skimmers are different. I have a recirculating skimmer, don't know if yours is the same. I'm experimenting and playing with it. I closed the open gate valve a lil bit more to raise the water level about midway point on the neck of the collection cup. I do...
  18. Jbird0420

I hear ya on the hubby debates..LOL! My girl and I are always debating on this stuff...So, if I increase the water level to about a few inches below the top of the collection neck of the skimmer..That will give me more of a wet skim?
  19. Jbird0420

Yes, I do get algae in the display and along the walls of the refug area. I recently have had to cut my lights back to 9hrs from 12hrs, I run 3 VHO's.