Dying Brain..Or not?

Jbird0420

My Trachyphyllia has not opened in over a week and the mouth seemed to start to receed a little bit, but now it seems to be repairing itself. This all started when I added my normal 2 part solution last Monday. As soon as I added the normal dosage of the KH, he immediately closed up and has not been open since. He's still alive cause he does expand slightly during the daytime hours. But he will not release his feeding tentacles. I tried to intice him with food, nothing. I did have my salinity at .027, but now it's down to .025. Kh was at 196.9ppm range, but now it's down to 179ppm. Calcium is at 420ppm. What else can I do to help him out???? Thanks!

Also, I noticed one of my peppermint shrimps picking at his mouth last nite. I will cover him now that I have seen this. I'm sure this does not help his recovery as well.....

Attachments

• brain4.jpg
    brain4.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 59
is he the guy in your pic? if so, then hes dying.. what type of lighting is he under? when you added the solution was he hit with it first? also, if give him some time, well some more time i guess..

Jbird0420

Yup! That's him. I just recently moved him in that plastic bin, in hopes the shaded light will help him recover. I had him for almost 3 months. I added the solution into a high flow area and it hit the other end of the aquarium before hitting him. But since I added that stuff, he has not been the same. He's in my 90g with 2x250w MH14k and 2 VHO atinics. He's always been placed in the sandbed, but directly under the MH(about 3ft distance). Is there anything I can do to bring him back???

is he the guy in your pic? if so, then hes dying.. what type of lighting is he under? when you added the solution was he hit with it first? also, if give him some time, well some more time i guess..

do you have another tank that doesnt have that solution in it? or put him in your refugium if you have one.. aslong as you have atleast pc's in the fuge he will be fine for a lil while.. you need the place with the most nutrients..
what solution was it btw

Jbird0420

I have another tank, but I don't have the lighting that he needs to thrive in that tank. Tank he's in is mixed with SPS, LPS, and Softies. I use C-Balance as my 2 part solution. I'm trying to keep the Kh on the lower end. In hopes he will make a full recovery. I got my fingers crossed!!LOL

Jbird0420

Thanks again for the help! The brain has made a comeback. I will have to post a pic when I get my camera back.

do you have another tank that doesnt have that solution in it? or put him in your refugium if you have one.. aslong as you have atleast pc's in the fuge he will be fine for a lil while.. you need the place with the most nutrients..
what solution was it btw