Search results

1. marine281

Vertex LED lights

Yeah they are a bit pricey, but when you factor in not needing new bulbs, reduced power bills & low heat, it makes sense to me. I'm way too busy to have a go at a DIY unit, so I guess the target market is busy/lazy people :) The LFS sent me this yesterday: Retail Specs...
  2. marine281

Vertex LED lights

Anyone else seen these things running? They've got one at my LFS, damn impressive, he adjusted he colors wirelessly from a computer across the room, then had it simulate lightning. You can completely customise the light profile throughout the day. I'm seriously considering selling my...
  3. marine281

Eric's 300 Gallon Build

Congratulations on the job, what are you doing? I started a new one this week as well :)
  4. marine281

pipe

I think that the nylon ones would be better, all metal will corrode to some degree in salt water, or environments with salt spray, difference is how long it lasts. pics would be good.
  5. marine281

RG's 209 Oceanic dt

I like it more under the other lights, 20k is too blue for me. Lookin sweet though.
  6. marine281

Eric's 300 Gallon Build

This is going to look amazing once its up and running! Coming along nicely.
  7. marine281

adding another clown fish

I'm no expert on them, the only way I know is that the larger one is always the female. That way makes it hard to ID, as size is relevant. eg, if you have a pair of them for a few years, the female will get quiet large, but the male will still be pretty big too when you compare him to a...
  8. marine281

Andrew's Aussie 120G

Got a great new job offer last night, told my boss today & his response was, "as a boss, i'd be very disapointed to see you go, but as a mate, you would be bloody stupid to say no!" So new job it is :) lots more money & a bit closer to home. On the tank side of things, here are the pics of...
  9. marine281

adding another clown fish

+1 Go smaller, if you get one the same size you will likely have issues. You don't want to end up with 2 females in the same tank. If you get a juvenile it won't have a sex yet, and if your current clown is a female, the new arrival will become a male & everyone should be happy.
  10. marine281

My 130D

Yeah, they love hanging off them, I may finally be able to take the MP40 out of there, they haven't gone near it since the macro algae went in! Just gotta keep it from going sexual now (its grape caulerpa), i'm sure the horses will be happy about the extra food!
  11. marine281

Andrew's Aussie 120G

Got a couple of encrusting acans today, one is green & the other red/blue. I'll take some pics when i've got the energy, but i've spent the afternoon attacking the garden with a chainsaw, so all I can be bothered doing is looking at reef sanctuary & drinking beer :)
  12. marine281

Waucedah Joe's 140 Build

Great job on the stand, my kitchen doesn't look that good :) What are your plans stock wise now that you've got the extra room?
  13. marine281

Andrew's Aussie 120G

Thanks Eric :) I just finished replacing a dodgy ballast in the light unit tonight, so we are at full power finally (fingers crossed it stays that way!) My next project is to make some covers for the sump, there is a bit of salt spray collecting on one of the doors, & I don't really want...
  14. marine281

240 cube build

Good to see its back on track, looking forward to more pics :)
  15. marine281

Outback Max on its way?

Welcome! Plenty of online shops that will deliver to your door :)
  16. marine281

I need suggestions.

How about a fire or decora goby? they are both nice looking mid water swimmers, always out on display.
  17. marine281

My 130D

Got a new macroalgae rock on the weekend, the horses love it, I'm thinking about going back and getting a few more, & moving the rest of the corals on the sandbed into the 120 gal. Pics :)
  18. marine281

Andrew's Aussie 120G

It was my birthday on the weekend, so my gf bought me some bits & pieces. Got a great macro algae rock for the small tank, which the seahorses love. Had to make some room for it though, so transferred a couple of corals over to the 120 gal. I dropped a smaller diameter length of pipe down...
  19. marine281

Mandarin dragonet

My concern with a smaller tank is that the pods won't be able to establish their population, 8 gals is a pretty small hunting ground. My 30 gal went from pod filled to empty in a week once I got a mandarin, there is just not enough room for areas to "recover" in between feedings.. But if you can...