Search results

1. J

TEK Light 24" with four 24w tubes, all brand new!

your tank looks awesome man. I am finalizing plans for my 20 gal AIO and I am interested in the light. I'll let you know by the weekend, hopefully someone doesnt buy it before then!
  2. J

TEK Light 24" with four 24w tubes, all brand new!

are the bulbs in the fixture over your 46g the same as the ones you are selling in the 24"? arnt 6k more for plants?
  3. J

37g Build (PICS!!)

37 gallons 30"long x 12"deep x 22"high
  4. J

37g Build (PICS!!)

Hey guys, Its been a while since I have posted anything here, but I have some new stuff to show you all. After my updates above, my tank was over run by algae for a second time. I battled it by adding more filtration and more frequent water changes. I also only leave my lights on for a short...
  5. J

135gal Reef Build (Many Pics)

wow very nice. need more $ ;)
  6. J

37g Build (PICS!!)

no skimmer right now. Trying to find a used AquaC Remora to hang on the back of the sump at the moment. I'm actually talking to a few people on other message boards that have them for sale. probably going to run about 100 shipped
  7. J

37g Build (PICS!!)

got the sump set up finally. here it is with the light sitting on top I realized that I wouldnt be able to put any mangroves in with the light just sitting on top so I decided to mount it to the underside of the stand. Overall, im really happy with the way the project turned out...
  8. J

37g Build (PICS!!)

the middle baffle in the bubble trap doesnt touch the bottom. its pretty close though. I tested it with 2 garden hoses and it works perfect. pretty happy with how it came out However, the glass i used is very sharp and I cut my hand pretty badly on it (needed stiches, but i didnt go...lol)...
  9. J

37g Build (PICS!!)

well, I abandoned the idea of the LED light. Would have been cool, but after a lot more research, I have learned that people just arnt getting the same success with LED as with the traditional halide system. so, I am currently bidding on a 30" 250w metal halide fixture. I may also supplement a...
  10. J

flow and circulation - how?

I have had my tank up and running for just about a year now and I don't think I have ever taken a look at the flow in my tank or read anything on how it should be set up in the tank. As of right now, I noticed that I dont really have anything uniform in my tank for flow. Here is a drawing of...
  11. J

37g Build (PICS!!)

woops forgot the power supplies... x2 of these 24V @ 6.5A POTRANS POWER SUPPLY-MPJA, Inc. total now about $460
  12. J

37g Build (PICS!!)

thanks rhodes. Today, I have started the ordering of the parts for the LED fixture I plan on building. Finally came across a deal on some cree LED's I got 13 white LED's and 17 royal blues +40 60* optics for $190 shipped from a person on another forum. I am about to place my order for 3 700ma...
  13. J

Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everything

Re: Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everythin would this light work for a scrubber? 225 WHITE LED Aquarium Grow Light Panel 120 or 240 Volt - eBay (item 220497573001 end time Oct-22-09 11:24:11 PDT)
  14. J

My 60... Love my arch!

I changed my aquascape on page 2 or 3 in my thread =). here are some links to pics of what i was talking about http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q401/jauld2/IMG_3071.jpg you can see the ledge a little better in this one http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q401/jauld2/IMG_3010.jpg I really...
  15. J

37g Build (PICS!!)

little update. Got a new ric and a yellow finger gorgonian Gorg gorg has a little duster on it too :) purple ric and frogspawn Hairy mushroom clowns new snail - turbo. love the feather duster on his back :) Wouldnt be a photoshoot without the hawk FTS I have run into a couple...
  16. J

Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everything

Re: Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everythin this is what it looks like if your lights are too close: cant increase flow so im removing my reflectors. hopefully that will fix my problem. SantaMonica, I have had my srubber running for 2 months now...
  17. J

My 90 gallon reef rollercoaster....

you can add the emeralds as soon as your tank is fully cycled. I would avoid touching the bubble algae because if it pops, it will spread (or so I have heard and read). If your set on manual removal, I would say siphoning it out is your best bet.
  18. J

My 90 gallon reef rollercoaster....

Emerald crabs should do the trick. I had some bubble algae when I first set up my tank as well. I bought 1 emerald crab and I havn't seen any of that type of algae since.
  19. J

My 60... Love my arch!

Agreed Its a great start and I really like the ledge on the right, but you should def get some more rock. If i was you, I would move the whole arch setup to the left side of the tank so that little ledge is near the middle. Then, put that large rock, that you currently have on the left...
  20. J

WTB T-5 setup 30" or smaller

Light works perfect. The package was packed better than any packing company i have seen - took me 10 minutes to open it! 6 x 24w catalina light fixture with 5 extra brand new bulbs for $140 shipped is unheard of. Thanks for the great deal man, I really appreciate it. A++