Search results

1. LPS_Blasto

LPS with Current USA Marine Pro?

I'm bulding a new 40g breeder. I only want LPS and zoas. Nothing requiring high light, such as SPS or clams. Will this work? It's 2 strips @ 36w each, so 72 watts total - don't know if that makes a difference when talking about LED's. I've never been able to figure out how to convert watts...
  2. LPS_Blasto

Equipment Recomendations for 40g Breeder

As the title says, I'm building a new 40g breeder tank and need help selecting equipment. I've been out of the hobby for several years and a lot has changed. DC pumps are interesting for sure. The tank will be a mixed reef with mainly LPS corals. I don't plan to have a very many fish, as I'm...
  3. LPS_Blasto

Back into Reefing After A Long Break

Hi!! I had to get rid of my reef tanks and frag tank during the recession. Life has changed an awful lot since then. Got divorced in 2014. Met a nice gal. Got re-married in 2017. I moved to Florida in April 2018 with my wife. She got a massive promotion (3 levels up the ladder in one...
  4. LPS_Blasto

New Lobo

My first lobo. $25 at the LFS. It's kind of egg shaped. It's about 1.5" long x 1" wide.
  5. LPS_Blasto

Only the names have been changed...

........to protect the innocent. I'm the reefaholic formerly known as FragFarmer. I asked admin to change my name to LPS_Blasto. FYI
  6. LPS_Blasto

New LPS Addition

It's about 2" across. I'm pretty sure it's a Scolymia. I think it's cool. I've been wanting a scoly or brain for awhile, just never see any that look halfway decent. It's the most expensive coral I've ever bought. It was priced at $79, but the guy at the LFS sold it to me for $69. That was...
  7. LPS_Blasto

Tax Refund - How Much Did Ya Spend On The Tank?

I got a couple few 3 or 4 thousand bucks back from Uncle Sam this year. Mrs. FragFarmer gave me the :girlthumb: to spend a few bucks on the tank. She didn't specify a limit on how much I could spend......... :D 30lbs of dry rock (BRS) 1 liter container of Marine Buffer (2 Docs) Via Aqua...
  8. LPS_Blasto

FS: Cheato Macro Algae - $15 per Quart

Tank needs new lights, so I gotta raise some cash. Quart bags. Double sealed. $15 shipped. US Priority Mail in small Priority Mail box. Paypal is cool. Money orders are cool. Personal checks are cool. I've got 5 bags for sale right now. PM or reply to thread for paypal info or...
  9. LPS_Blasto

Couple Corals Not Doing Great

I've had the ric for about a year. It's been slowly shrinking. No actual ripped tissue or melted spots, it's just shrinking. I've tried feeding it with a turkey bastor. I've tried blood worms, mysis, krill and even emerald entree (green veggies). It won't eat. The cyphastrea is about...
  10. LPS_Blasto

Reef Crystals

I just bought a bucket of Reef Crystals last weekend. I am hoping to get opinions on this brand from more experienced users. I started out using Oceanic. Always had low alk and low pH. Switched to Red Sea Coral Pro. It was okay, but nothing to brag about. I bought the bucket of Reef...
  11. LPS_Blasto

Marine Fish Nutrition

What would you consider proper nutrition for a single damsel fish in a 30g tank? I try to mix it up, so the fish gets a variety of foods, but I'm not sure I'm providing a good diet. I feed primarily frozen foods. I have a selection of the following foods, all frozen cubes: brine shrimp...
  12. LPS_Blasto

Wanted - 700--1000GPH pump

Looking for a pump. Prefer submersible type. I have $50 to spend and that include shipping to 80004. Whatcha got?
  13. LPS_Blasto

Glue For Lexan?

What kind of glue should I use when making an overflow box out of 3/16" lexan? I've been reading on the internet and several people have said cyanoacrylate glue (super glue) will work. I have that. I use it for mounting corals to plugs. Anybody ever made an overflow box out of lexan? Did it...
  14. LPS_Blasto

New 3-Stripe Damsel Won't Eat

New 3-Stripe Damsel Won't Eat - Needs A Bigger Tank? I "rescued" this little 3-stripe damsel from a local guy. It was a craigslist ad and it was free. He said he was getting rid of it because it had matured and become aggressive - typical damsel. :lol: I needed a fish for the 10g frag...
  15. LPS_Blasto

Acans - Whole colonies

Acans - Small Colonies These are under T5 HO lighting. I've had all them for at least 2yrs. They are all very healthy. There are 12 polyps++ on each of the first 3 Aussie Acan colonies. Last one is Enchanita acan and it has at least 25 polyps. $200 per colony. Plus $35 overnight...
  16. LPS_Blasto

Would You Buy A Custom Tank Stand?

A friend of mine is a custom cabinet maker and trim carpenter. His work is slow right now and I suggested he might look into building custom stands for aquariums. How many of you would ever consider paying for a custom stand? You would need to provide the measurements and an idea of the...
  17. LPS_Blasto

Coral ID Please

Need an ID. Please tell me this isn't 2 fat puffy specimens of aiptasia. :cry1:
  18. LPS_Blasto

FS - Zoas, Purple Death and Mushrooms

I have a few Dragon Eye zoas, more Whammin Watermelon zoas, a few Fire & Ice zoas, a few Purple Death palys, a couple Superman mushrooms, several Green Fuzzy mushrooms, a couple green striped mushrooms and 1 small acan colony. $5 per zoa frag plug - any single zoa or group of zoas on a plug...
  19. LPS_Blasto

Emerald Crab Attacks Nassarius Snail

I just watched my 2.5" emerald crab attack a 1" nassarius snail. He climbed on top of it and held it down. Then he proceeded to take about 5 chunks of flesh out of the snails foot. I had the video camera on and was so upset that I missed some of the action. The crab finally backed off the...
  20. LPS_Blasto

Reconfiguring The Frag Tank

The current 10g frag tank is more of a nano with a lot of corals sitting around. I have about 13lbs of rock in the tank and about 12lbs of sand. The HOB refugium has a DSB, some apple sized rock rubble and cheato ball. I currently have 1 little mag rack on the front glass. I'm securing the...