New LPS Addition

LPS_Blasto

It's about 2" across. I'm pretty sure it's a Scolymia. I think it's cool. I've been wanting a scoly or brain for awhile, just never see any that look halfway decent. It's the most expensive coral I've ever bought. It was priced at $79, but the guy at the LFS sold it to me for $69. That was pretty cool. I didn't even ask for a discount, he just volunteered it.

It's hard to see the true color with my actinic lights. It's kind of a faded pumpkin orange color with a few hints of light blue here and there. It's kinda hard to see in the pics, but I can see a few faint lines that radiate out from the center. I'm hoping it will color up a little more. If those lines develop and darken up a little bit more, might turn out to be REALLY cool.

IMG_4446.jpg

LPS_Blasto

LOL - the size was the first thing I typed in my first post. It's about 2" across. Maybe just a snerch larger, but definitely not more than 2.25"

PIMPALA

HAHHA! Sorry, I read the rest of it, looked at the pic for a minute, then forgot what the first thing I read was. LOL

PIMPALA

LMAO. Its been a looooooooong couple of weeks. lots of work, and not much sleep. been putting in 18-20 hour days.

catran

Cool! Yeah, I see the blue, especially in the center. Isn't it awful how you just can't get the picture to do the coral justice? I bet the blue colors are even more awesome in person.

LPS_Blasto

Actually the blues are barely perceptible. I am very hopeful they will pop up after some time in the tank. I fed it tonight. Tentacles were out, so I dropped a big load of thawed mysis right on top of it. GULP It was hungry. It ate about 1/2 cube of mysis.