Search results

1. J

Reefmack-Lights- Quick Question

Reefmack; Much thanks for your response-Will change the bulbs tomorrow. Take Care-Jerry
  2. J

Reefmack-Lights- Quick Question

Reefmack; Since the hood on the original 130 only extends about halfway, any suggestions on removing & inserting new bulbs would really be appreciated-going with the Coralife 65w T5's. Thanks in Advance for your response-Jerry
  3. J

Help-Stock 130 skimmer

Reefmack & Joe; Just a quick update-After about 3 weeks, the skimmer is performing like New! One of the keys' I feel, is to lower the skimmer assembly Slowly! Thanks again Joe! Jerry:snowski:
  4. J

Help-Stock 130 skimmer

Reefmack; Joe is the MAN!! Take Care, & as always Wish You the Best! Jerry
  5. J

Help-Stock 130 skimmer

JoeBIOGGs; Thank-You Sir-Followed your insructions & all is Well! I think the key is to lower the skimmer body slowly into the tank & allow the natural air/water to balance properly-Thank-You Much! Jerry
  6. J

Help-Stock 130 skimmer

RedSeaReef; The Dyer air flow meter information will be posted by you? I'll call Pinky tommorow & order a new pump, & as I recall she indicated about $65 for the entire system to include tubing-Much thanks again for your help! Jerry
  7. J

Help-Stock 130 skimmer

JoeB; Much thanks for ALL that replied to my initial message-Unfortunately, nothing has worked-yesterday, another 5 gal water change-Will call Pinky @ RSM & order a new skimmer pump! I Really Appreciate to all that responded to my initial post! Thank-You All Very Much!! Jerry
  8. J

Help-Stock 130 skimmer

redseareef & Reefmack; Thanks again for the quick response! "where the air hose enters the pump". Critical reefmack, I agree! I inserted a safety pin & it is completley clear with no obstruction whatsoever. Although I cannot blow threw the "little air valve" might this be the problem? Much...
  9. J

Help-Stock 130 skimmer

redseareef; Thank-you much for the quick response-using a 3ml syringe, injected approx 15ml of very hot water into the air intake with the skimmer running-no change-any further thoughts? Thanks Again-Jerry
  10. J

Help-Stock 130 skimmer

Folks; My RSM now 18 months old with the stock 130 skimmer-heres' the problem-bubbles in the chamber have decreasing dramatically over the past month or so, & as you can imagine skimmed matter as well. Installed a new impeller about 2 weeks ago, still with no improvement whatsoever. Per the Red...
  11. J

Another problem I need help with my 250

Sir; My advice-JUST BE PATIENT!!! Relax-may take many weeks for the tank to settle down-IMO, do not interfer with the natural biological progression of your tank. Wish You The Best-Jerry
  12. J

My new 250

Sir; Relax & take it easy-Do nothing for a few weeks & allow the tank to settle down-Wish You the Best! Jerry
  13. J

The "In-Depth" Surface Skimmer Upgrade Review

Folks; Received the skimmer update from Red Sea today-will install tommorow & update-Take Care All. Jerry
  14. J

Another question about substrate in RSM

Reefmack; Well, as you know, its' called the "Great Substrate Debate". Now at over a year, on balance, I'm very pleased with the RSM! Bottom of the tank looks as though it is very natural-tonight, just changed Chemi-Pure unit(arrrggghhh), but the effort & time well worth the beauty of the...
  15. J

Another question about substrate in RSM

Satbert; My RSM, now @ 16 months, with no substrate, is in great shape. This decision was made at the recommendation at my LFS. Whats' interesting is that I now enjoy a very nice base of substrate as a result of live rock disintegrating & the age of the tank in general-tough decision on your...
  16. J

My RSM: Version 2.0

Laurent; Congrats! I'll continue follow as always. Wish you the Best! Jerry
  17. J

My RSM: Endless pest algae nightmare

Laurent; So I assume you make your own RO/DI? What system? I'm fortunate that my LFS produces both RO/DI & RO/DI salt-I feel fortunate that quality water has never been an issue. Jerry
  18. J

Laurent; Mixing water? Can you be more specific. Jerry
  19. J

Laurent; Well, not really sure what to advise-my RSM, now at 13 months has been terrific! Just a few points. 1. No substrate from the beginning, although now looks like it exists because the live rock dissolves. 2. Every 10 days, a 5-6 gal RO/DI water change. 3. Hand remove pesky algie every...
  20. J

RSM (Red Sea Max) Owners Club

Reefmack; Thanks for the feedback! Camera is Coolpix 4500, with about 3 megapixals, & by todays' standards, very weak-hope to update the camera very soon. Couple of points-Now at almost a year, the ONLY casulty has been the Flame Angel that I mentioned in an earlier post. Also, NO substrate...