Search results

1. S

Simpsons Vs South Park

southpark hands down....:ofr: I never liked Simpsons for some reason. Family Guy if it is on I watch it and will actually like it...but Southpark is the best...I actually have several seasons on DVD
  2. S

Picasso & Snowcasso Clownfish for sale~

Long wait for me....but excited none the less...just figured out how to subscribe to the thread:whstlr:
  3. S

Tragedy

I wouldnt trust the pump again....I would def get rid of it and replace it. I had a fire from my tank (faulty powerstrip) and I sure would not take the risk I dont see why a powersurge or something like that could not have released electricity into the tank...IMHO I would think some sort of...
  4. S

Bannerfish

a school of bangaii cardinal...that is what I am wanting to get. Cool looking fish
  5. S

Rearing Picasso Percula Clownfish!

I have a question...probably has been answered in this thread somewhere. I have actually been keeping up with the post but can not remember..... I have requested a pair...but what is the concern if the pair breed as they will be related?
  6. S

easiest monti cap?

gradually increase the light..when you get a new coral or it comes out of QT it is not used to as much light as you have in your display tank. If you just place it in there and run it you run a chance of bleaching it for a stoney or just stressing it. (esp for MH) So what you need to do is...
  7. S

easiest monti cap?

I did not say ALL softies...a lot. You would really do best to look up the particular coral and see what is recommended. I have done freshwater dips on many softies, but only for 15 seconds or so and I am lucky I have somebody to ask who has owned a store and has written articles on the topic...
  8. S

easiest monti cap?

corals can go a while with low light...hence why you dont need to have an expensive lighting system in your QT tank for the amt of time you are using it. I am actually only using a desk lamp that stimulates the natural sun spectrum. But what you do want to do when you move them into your display...
  9. S

easiest monti cap?

I am pretty sure that is similar to Kent Marine Tech D Coral Dip!
  10. S

easiest monti cap?

for stonies like monties.....you want to use something like Kent Marine Tech D coral Dip mixed in a saltwater concentration or a lugols solution. Iodine seems to be effective (which both contain). I also used prazi pro to treat the outbreak and would get a ton of nudis falling off but I would...
  11. S

easiest monti cap?

make sure you dip any monti (any coral at all) before placing it in your tank, and then QT. Dont trust just because it was tank raised that it is safe. I got lazy and bought a gorgous monti from a store that was tank raised and did not dip it...and within 8 days lost the entire piece, including...
  12. S

Show off your Mantis Shrimp......enter at your own risk!

I'm partial to peacocks.....like their colors. But only one I have seen in real life so.....
  13. S

I will eventually add fish in a couple months...it is something that people say dont do and I might get blasted, but again I know somebody who has kept mantis for many years and has always kept fish with them. He said first you want to establish a feeding routine with the shrimp....that is why...
  14. S

this is kind of a long video...but a friend who is really into mantis forwarded this to me and it is really excellent! YouTube - Sheila Patek: Measuring the fastest animal on earth
  15. S

Bob is in a glass tank. He is in a 28g biocube and they said that the bowfront provides more protection from breakage then a normal glass tank...however from what I read most of the breakage occurs from people "poking" at and teasing the mantis causing prolonged stress to a particular area of...
  16. S

yellow watchman goby question

mine actually got sucked down into the sump...then I would get them out of the sump. I do however have 1 pearly jawfish that went over my overflow, went into my sump and went into my refuge. My sump is designed so stupid that he will have to live in there and I will only be able to get small...
  17. S

Stranger in my tank

If you can get him out, I would to have somebody hold for you...as you will be going through a cycle and it will most likely kill him! (I am assuming it is a new tank) What a cool find though...amazing how he did not die coming home....I never have anything good in my LR.:closed: When...
  18. S

Rearing Picasso Percula Clownfish!

No, it was $300 FOR ONE FISH!!!! Not a PAIR. OMG...they are not even snowflake...they are Grade A! I have never bought anything from Drs. Foster and Smith but looked often and in general have not thought that they were as bad as that!
  19. S

Yeah it is so funny to watch the expressions of other people when you say you have a mantis shrimp. One LFS has always carried them as one guy that worked there loved them and was really good about teaching people about them, but the other LFS that I go to sees absolutely no good for them...
  20. S

This is Bob, my peacock mantis. I have had him now for a couple weeks and I absolutely love him! We have already "bonded" though I dont want to test that bond...however his tank is across from my desk that I work from and he sits and looks at me all day. I am thinking he might be going...