Rearing Picasso Percula Clownfish!

schackmel

I'm curious as to what an LFS is charging for a snowflake clown. I purchased a pair from a breeder about two months ago and would like to know the mark up from breeder to LFS.

well....ok I will say...for 1 it was $300.00. I am sure somebody will get it because they are really working it...you know the story...only 50 in entire US bull!beat_dead_horse. If that is true then all 50 must be on this site:bs:

lcstorc

Well we don't yet know how many snowflakes she will get. She has some very cool patterns though. Everything from normal stripe to snowflakes and one somebody was calling a puzzle piece. I can't wait to see them when they grow up. I really don't even care about the markings I just want clowns raised by the best clown mommy.

SeaMunky

Amen to that sista..I'm not looking for the best grade clown, just want something that is healthy from a great breeder...and Doni is anyones best choice :)

jellyman

schackmel..lol wow 300$ thats crazy...and yes I agree with you..they would all be here for sure..lol..

Ouch!!! That's about what my pair cost. They are not far off with the availabiltiy being crazy low. I waited for 3 years before I was able to get my pair. 50 is probably not correct but I would say 200 at the very most.

lcstorc

I wish you weren't in Canada or I would buy some of your bangai. Love the fish and you are certainly working hard to have a good hatch. I am sure you will be a great fishie momma as well.

schackmel

If you all think $300 for a pair of picassos is crazy, check out LA in the Divers Den section. They have a pair for ONLY $400! Get it quick before they're gone!

Here's the link:

Drs. Foster and Smith Diver's Den® - Amphiprion percula

No, it was $300 FOR ONE FISH!!!! Not a PAIR.
OMG...they are not even snowflake...they are Grade A! I have never bought anything from Drs. Foster and Smith but looked often and in general have not thought that they were as bad as that!

reefing102

The fish are looking great doni. I would like to added to the list, however I want to be as far last as possible right now as my tank isn't quite ready for fish yet.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
That is crazy high! :eek: That's just too much.

The fish are looking great doni. I would like to added to the list, however I want to be as far last as possible right now as my tank isn't quite ready for fish yet.

Thank you :) I'll add you now.

MFX

But the prices are only what the market will bear...

Obviously if you want something that scarce, you are willing to pay for it. That is why Ferrari's cost so much. It is not that they are really that good a car. You can get a faster, better handling, much more reliable car for a lot less, but it is not a Ferrari....

Personally I think the grade A's look nicer than the snow flakes, but that is me.

Jeff.

Intranick

But the prices are only what the market will bear...

Obviously if you want something that scarce, you are willing to pay for it. That is why Ferrari's cost so much. It is not that they are really that good a car. You can get a faster, better handling, much more reliable car for a lot less, but it is not a Ferrari....

Personally I think the grade A's look nicer than the snow flakes, but that is me.

Jeff.

this is exactly right. cost is a combo of supply, demand, and what people are willing to pay for their demand.

People like rare an unusual things so they'll pay more for them

People need certain things, like gasoline, so they whine about gas prices but they only do something to change it, in MOST cases, when it effects their life style. though some people just change it because its rediculous