Search results

1. squaretankguy08

Dottyback Help

Last year my mom bought me a neon dottyback as a present. I really like him and he behaved. Recently i purchased a pair of grade a picassos and he has a tendancy to bully them a little even though they dont seem to be afraid of him. My main problem is that i moved my tank a couple months ago and...
  2. squaretankguy08

Wish me luck

This is the first time i have ever bought fish online from anyone and im hoping all goes well. I bought a pair of picassos from ebay for what i would consider a very good deal. Im going to try to attach a picture of them from the listing.
  3. squaretankguy08

Nanocube HQI Skimmer

I am looking to upgrade the skimmer in my nanocube, i am tired of the airpump and replacing those darn airstones. What are your suggestions? The only decent one i can seem to find is the Aqua Euro USA nano skimmer. Does anyone have any experience with this?
  4. squaretankguy08

Clown Question

I was just curious if you all thought i would be able to keep atleast one percula with the two maroon clowns i already have. I now have 3 rbta two of which are right beside each other that the pair host in. I have had a ritteri for almost a year now which is giant by now. I would like for it to...
  5. squaretankguy08

maroon clown eggs

I just discovered today that my maroon clown pair that i got over a year ago had their first breeding. The egg cluster is right by the RBTA and they are fanning away on it. I dont know what to do since i have so many other fish in the tank, i really dont think they will mess with them for the...
  6. squaretankguy08

Unidentifed Zoa

Can anyone tell me what kind of zoa this is? It just started growing in my tank out of no where one day
  7. squaretankguy08

12 gallon nano cube

Can anybody give me some feed back on how well the 12 gallon nano cube deluxe version lighting works? I was considering it for a soft and lps frag tank and i wasnt sure if that was enough lighting. I am in college so i need to keep it small here, if anyone has a better alternative feel free to...
  8. squaretankguy08

New tank

I am looking to set up a tank for corals only and my lfs has a 29 gallon with everything i need except lights, according to my calculations i could build a canopy with 5 t-5 24 watt bulbs making it a 120 watts total. Would you say this would be enough for most corals and if you have any...
  9. squaretankguy08

My new frags

Here are the new frags i got in last week, tell me what you think. One is the long lash eagles eye and the other is the sunrise.
  10. squaretankguy08

New frag tank

I am looking to get a tank for frags only and i found one in my area for $200 that is 29 gallons. It has a seaclone 100 skimmer, a coralife 130 watt pc fixture and a whisper 60 filter. Would you say this is a good deal, any input is appreciated.
  11. squaretankguy08

Nice Yuma

I bought this yuma a few months back from my lfs for $20, they mispriced it so i jumped on the deal. I was curious if anybody an idea of what it is actually worth. It is roughly 3 inches across and very red.
  12. squaretankguy08

New Zoas

i just bought some new zoas including long lash eagle's eye and orange sunburst. Also a blastomussa frag, and i was wondering if some one had any tricks to getting them to spread quickly.
  13. squaretankguy08

Protein Skimmer

I need some input on what is believed to be the best skimmer for a 150 gallon tank, i have a current usa one that i am not satisfied with. Thanks
  14. squaretankguy08

Weird spots on tang?

My blue tang seems to have these very small white dots on it, im not sure what this is? Can any one identify it?
  15. squaretankguy08

Crab?

Does anyone know if it would be possible to accidentally get a baby stone crab, that someone mistook for an emerald. I cant seem to get a pisture of him but one of the crabs in my tank has a distinct black line from halfway to the end of each claw.
  16. squaretankguy08

Agression against one

Can anyone tell me why a whitecheek tang would only be agressive towards a copperbanded butterfly and not any other fish?
  17. squaretankguy08

Out Break on Sand

Can anyone tell me why my sand would be pearly white one day and have a rust brown sort of algee covering it the next?
  18. squaretankguy08

new guy

Hi guys, i am new to the online stuff but i have set up a beautiful tank over the past few months. I purchased a marineland deep dimension 150 gallon tank before they were even posted and began building. I now have over 20 different corals, 8 different kinds of fish and over 100 lbs of live rock.