Weird spots on tang?

My blue tang seems to have these very small white dots on it, im not sure what this is? Can any one identify it?

Attachments

• 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 34

lcstorc

Can't see it but small white spots is most likely ich particularly on a tang. Go to the illness and diseasd forum for lots of information on treatment. It is not easy but can be done.
If they look like the fish is sprinkled with salt either a few spots or a lot then ich is the most likely though not the only possibility. Don't be fooled by the spots going away. Often they will come and go within a day and then come back etc.

csmsss

Could be ich or cryptocaryon (more likely in my opinion). You may need to treat ALL of the fish in your tank, as these parasites tend to spread very quickly. Eventually, if it's ich or crypto, your fish will essentially suffocate as the cysts cover its gills and drastically impair its ability to transfer oxygen from the water.

It's been a LONG time since I've had this to contend with, but what's worked for me in the past is first a fresh water dip (the osmotic pressure differential between salt and fresh water pops the cysts), followed by treatment in a quarantine/hospital tank for 10 days with a strong unchelated copper solution. The copper solution is toxic to the fish, but an otherwise healthy fish should be able to withstand it. In any case, if this is ich or crypto, and you let it go untreated, you'll very possibly lose all of the fish in your tank.

reefer4200

Good luck man, i never have luck with tangs as this happens everytime i get them. They seem to be the only fish i bring it that get sick, so prepare yourself. They have very weak immune systems IMO