New frag tank

I am looking to get a tank for frags only and i found one in my area for $200 that is 29 gallons. It has a seaclone 100 skimmer, a coralife 130 watt pc fixture and a whisper 60 filter. Would you say this is a good deal, any input is appreciated.

bratyboy2

the skimmer is shi* they suck so you would have o replace it. im going to be adding a bio-cube nano skimmer in my 10 frag tank. maybe even to my 29 idk they work up to that size. :rolleyes:

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I wouldn't call it a bad deal. Depends on the "condition" of everything. If the stuff is in good shape I'd entertain that amount

lcstorc

I'm getting ready to set one up as well so here is what I am working with.
I got an used Aqua C Remora ($100 or close to it). Hopefully I am getting a used 150w MH light for $100. I have tons of maxijets so I will grab one or two of those. The cost of the tank itself is unknown since I could easily go anywhere from 10-30 with the equipment I have.
So like Big Al said, if the equipment is decent then it sounds good. Since it is a frag tank the skimmer is not quite as critical since there won't be fish food and fish poop to deal with so having a poor skimmer wouldn't scare me necessarily.