Search results

1. BigJay

How much would you pay for my set-up?

I think thats a bit high too, but big difference in a predrilled. Just for comparison I bought my oceanic 90g that was less then 1 year old with all components(K4, sump , skimmer, additives, lighting) for $600. I even got the receipt where the guy had just bought all the components (if I...
  2. BigJay

Rockin it on south beach...

what g8r said, water clarity is horrid in miami. I would call down to the keys before taking the trip though.The keys is worth the drive no matter what but this time of year we get lots of wind making fishing and diving close to impossible on the reef(atlantic side). Fort Lauderdale in my...
  3. BigJay

How much would you pay for my set-up?

i'd say your more likely to get about $150-$200 for it. Used 55g's are a dime a dozen and none of the equipment is high end enough to separate it from the pack. It can be area dependent though, so if your local area craiglist only has a handful of tanks you may get more or if it has more tanks...
  4. BigJay

Attention Facebook Users

that's facebook's current stance Terry, That even though it looks like everyone can see it , really only your friends can see the numbers.
  5. BigJay

I need help stocking a 2000 gallon tank

You have to realize or should have realized by the OP's comments that reefing is not a high priority hobby. Getting the tank was a happenstance of buying the house, not buying the house to get the tank. Several comments were made that they considered just removing the tank all together. If we...
  6. BigJay

Attention Facebook Users

ok I thought something new happened. This was done sometime back. THere is a rumor flying around the internet right now from the sync app. When facebook changed they set everyone to public, which made many people irate. Facebook has never listened to it's users though , so I don't expect it to...
  7. BigJay

Attention Facebook Users

uggh hope that made sense. What I meant to say is if I sync the contacts from my phone to facebook that is the current concern, but I can't find anything that states its true other then rumors. edit - Has your iPhone app published your private phone number on Facebook? | Mail Online edit 2-...
  8. BigJay

Attention Facebook Users

this has been a known issue and all information should be set to friends only. Facebook had a notification out when the change happened that all information would be shared with third party advertisers to entice other users on facebook. Ie you will see ad's that show your friends who are using...
  9. BigJay

light fixture rep.

haha that maybe one of the worst attempts I've seen of a spammer trying to sound legitimate. :LOL: :threadjack:
  10. BigJay

coralife mini aqualight t5 (It's only 11 inches!!!)

Coralife Mini Aqualight Fixture Coralife Mini Aqualight T5 Aquarium Light heres an underside shot which looks pretty good except you can see on the second bulb it's loosing a lot of efficiency due to spacing issues on the back of the fixture.
  11. BigJay

coralife mini aqualight t5 (It's only 11 inches!!!)

looks like a great light. We'll have to wait and see if anyone else will manufacturer bulbs of that size. Typically in the nano range of lights that coralife produces they are the only bulb manufacturers, which is a huge negative since coralife bulbs are well.... not great. I'd like to see some...
  12. BigJay

OT facebook users beware

yeah this one included a google redirect as well, some file called adam123 or something plus an Iwin installer. I tried searching the few terms I could pull out of the files and I was only able to come up with a 3 or 4 hits on foreign language sites. The trojan was the only part that I could get...
  13. BigJay

Help!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: heeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllp! holy smokes! you did a 20% water change with RO water with inhabitants in the tank? A SG of 1.028 is not an issue. You should never change SG at a rate that fast! I did get what you were saying btw and if you would have read Phosphates can read 0 in a...
  14. BigJay

Smart Phones :D

since droids are being manufacturered by so many companies it seems apps are being developed at a much faster rate then the iphone. Last I checked it was about a 2.5:1 ratio of iphone to droid apps currently available considering the timeline on the phones on the market thats pretty amazing...
  15. BigJay

Help!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: heeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllp! ok I'll try to piece this together with the info you have when you say you are using real ocean water , I assume that is you collect it yourself since you live near the ocean. Where are you collecting the water? Are you processing the water at all...
  16. BigJay

Too Many Fish???

Not to be argumentative but I completely disagree. I personally think the 1" in 5 rule is way to lenient. Tanks of sub 100g I would consider it almost mandatory. People fail to realize that its not just a bio load issue but an issue of fish stress. Even if perfect or above perfect maintenance is...
  17. BigJay

Too Many Fish???

I guess you have two identical threads running but as I posted in your other your current stock will require a tank of 150g or larger.
  18. BigJay

Smart Phones :D

I'm on verizon too and almost got sucked into going ATT till I saw the HTC droid incredible. I just bought it about 3 weeks ago and absolutely love it. It has only one downside and thats its battery life. The stock battery will only last about 8 hours with moderate use. The iphone batter is...
  19. BigJay

Too Many Fish???

Re: too many fish? The amount of fish you have requires a tank greater then 150 gallons. Your beyond way overstocked.
  20. BigJay

6 light t5

if you mean to get the most useable light by the corals then any 6 bulbs in the 10-12k range from a reputable manufacturer. You may get more growth by adding a few daylight bulbs(6.5k) but you may also get increased algal growth and may find the color temp to be quite displeasing for a reef...