Search results

1. A

adding another clown fish

thanks marine but how can i tell if my current clown fish is a male or a female?? idk if this will help but it seemed to get aggressive towards my bicolor basslet when i added him and it also does this weird dance in the sand and stirs up the sand. Thanks for all your help everyone
  2. A

im going to look for one about the same size and hopefully this will work. thanks everyone!!
  3. A

hey everyone! i was just wondering if it would be okay for me to add another clown fish(ive had an ocellaris clown fish for about 5 months now) . would my current clown fish kill the new one or would they pair up? Thanks!!
  4. A

ocellaris clownfish(tank raised) aggression

unfortunately i have a new problem at hand now. :[ my clownfish has developed a white bubbly eye. Its left eye in a bit swollen and it is glazed over with a white coating. Please help!!!
  5. A

Thanks everyone!!! my clownfish is no longer aggressive towards the basslet and they seem to mind each other's own business now. Thanks for your support!
  6. A

I just bought bicolor basslet from my LFS and he was obviously very timid after entering the tank; the basslet would just stay in the corners and to make matters worse, when i was feeding them, the basslet went to take food and my ocellaris clownfish that ive had for about 2 months started...
  7. A

Powerhead microbubbles?

Good news... IT WORKED everything is fine, after cleaning the sponges it started to pump back to normal. thanks a lot steve!
  8. A

Powerhead microbubbles?

yeah steve you are correct and im going to go with your idea and clean EVERYTHING in my back chambers maybe something clogged up. i will let you know if i still have this problem but thanks for the support! :olsmile:
  9. A

Powerhead microbubbles?

Hey everyone! :] i have had a recent problem with my nano cube 12 gal, where my pump starts shooting out micro bubbles? it looks like micro bubble and whenever i hook up the pump ( the one that comes with the tank) it starts to shoot these bubbles out. also the water level in my last two...
  10. A

Hair Algae

for my water changes i have been using tap water but adding some AquaSafe water conditioner. would this be the cause of the green hair algae? and is it safe to add sand in a tank with livestock in it?(ocellaris clownfish, cleaner shrimp, snails and crabs)
  11. A

is this a coral?

- when i took these pics, the coral closed up but when it is open, it has short skinny peach colored tentacles tht have green tips. was already attached to the LR when i bought it. it decided to open up about a month after starting up the tank. -what coral is it? Thanks
  12. A

Hair Algae

haha yeah thanks Dave awesome advice :whstlr:
  13. A

Hair Algae

After my tank cycled i started to get a huge amount of hair algae in my tank and it just took over. I started manually removing chunks of it and later on bought an emerald crab. I also kept the lights off for a week and this all worked and left the tank hair algae free. About a month after this...
  14. A

cuc-lights

awsome story nunlef. thanks everyone for the advice, it really helped. :) I have decided to add my CUC on the 24,( i am actually leaving the 26, i messed up)
  15. A

cuc-lights

thanks eric. i have a dilemma and i do not know if this would change my original plan but....i am leaving on my vacation on the 27 and i will not be home for a week... should i buy my CUC on the 25/26 (im planning on getting and emerald crab, hermit crab and astrea snail) and let them clean the...
  16. A

cuc-lights

Can anybody help me with this question- I just finished cycling my tank and I am about to add my CUC but i was just wondering, is light necessary for invertebrates such as snails, crabs (emerald crabs & hermit crabs) and shrimp? thank you:bluenod:
  17. A

New 12 gallon nanocube DX-nano reef

Hey everyone, its been a while but i have encountered a problem. I am going to leave on vacation on the 27 for a week and i am planning to add my CUC on the 17,but now with my vacation i have no clue what to do. should i add very little CUC?( i have plenty of algae in my tank) and also with the...
  18. A

Alright, you helped a ton BigAl. I just finished testing my water and it read: nitrite- 0 nitrate- 0 pH- 8.2 ammonia- 0 Do i have to wait a week before adding my CUC or can I add it whenever? :spinner:
  19. A

Thank you very much this helped a ton. But I have to ask you on adding small CUC. There is a truck-load of diatoms in my tank right now, so my question is, what would you suggest for a CUC? (I am thinking about an emerald crab) Thanks! :)
  20. A

Should I do the water changes after I add the CUC or before? And now that the ammonia and nitrite are neutralized, how long do I wait before I can put in the CUC? Thanks alot! :)