cuc-lights

aquaman24

Can anybody help me with this question- I just finished cycling my tank and I am about to add my CUC but i was just wondering, is light necessary for invertebrates such as snails, crabs (emerald crabs & hermit crabs) and shrimp? thank you:bluenod:

aquaman24

thanks eric. i have a dilemma and i do not know if this would change my original plan but....i am leaving on my vacation on the 27 and i will not be home for a week... should i buy my CUC on the 25/26 (im planning on getting and emerald crab, hermit crab and astrea snail) and let them clean the tank for a week(it has a ton of algae)? thank you:eek:lsmile:

nunlef

thanks eric. i have a dilemma and i do not know if this would change my original plan but....i am leaving on my vacation on the 27 and i will not be home for a week... should i buy my CUC on the 25/26 (im planning on getting and emerald crab, hermit crab and astrea snail) and let them clean the tank for a week(it has a ton of algae)? thank you:eek:lsmile:

I put in a small cuc after my tank cycled. The next day i left for a 10 day trip. All the critters were alive and well, and are still with me 1 month later.

I did not come home to a sparkling clean tank, but I only had 2 snails and a hermit crab in a 120g with horrible algae.

aquaman24

awsome story nunlef. thanks everyone for the advice, it really helped. :) I have decided to add my CUC on the 24,( i am actually leaving the 26, i messed up)