Powerhead microbubbles?

aquaman24

Hey everyone! :] i have had a recent problem with my nano cube 12 gal, where my pump starts shooting out micro bubbles? it looks like micro bubble and whenever i hook up the pump ( the one that comes with the tank) it starts to shoot these bubbles out. also the water level in my last two chambers goes down and the water level in my first chamber rises. I am completley clueless on what is going on. Please help RS!!!! Thanks.:weird:

Shamus

Hi aquaman24 - I don't have a nano cube, but the microbubbles are often due to water level in the pump chamber (that's what I've noticed in my tank). Looking at the specs of the nano cube, it looks like chamber 1 has mechanical filtration, chamber 2 has bio-filtration, and chamber 3 has the return pump (is this correct?). Are you still running the bio-media (ceramic rings)? If so, I would guess that either your mechanical sponge(s) or bio-media need a good rinsing and are blocking flow to the return pump chamber, thus the microbubbles.

aquaman24

yeah steve you are correct and im going to go with your idea and clean EVERYTHING in my back chambers maybe something clogged up. i will let you know if i still have this problem but thanks for the support! :eek:lsmile:

aquaman24

Good news... IT WORKED everything is fine, after cleaning the sponges it started to pump back to normal. thanks a lot steve!