ocellaris clownfish(tank raised) aggression

aquaman24

I just bought bicolor basslet from my LFS and he was obviously very timid after entering the tank; the basslet would just stay in the corners and to make matters worse, when i was feeding them, the basslet went to take food and my ocellaris clownfish that ive had for about 2 months started biting/ attacking the basslet. i have never seen such behavior from the clownifsh. please help and give me advice on what to do. Thanks. (the clownfish has been the only fish in the tank before the basslet was introduced)

Last edited:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
My pair of Ocellaris clownfish(tank raised) have never shown any aggression towards any of my other fish...

Hopefully it's just an adjustment period and they will start getting along.

carlagracie

You may want to take him back to your LFS and get store credit for him if he keeps this up. I have also had tank raised Ocellaris Clownfish in the past and they were never aggressive. Good Luck keep us posted.

Val

If it's a territorial thing you may be able to move some rocks around and curb some territorial aggression. Hopefully things are better now that it's been a few days.

aquaman24

Thanks everyone!!! my clownfish is no longer aggressive towards the basslet and they seem to mind each other's own business now. Thanks for your support!

aquaman24

unfortunately i have a new problem at hand now. :[ my clownfish has developed a white bubbly eye. Its left eye in a bit swollen and it is glazed over with a white coating. Please help!!!

carlagracie

unfortunately i have a new problem at hand now. :[ my clownfish has developed a white bubbly eye. Its left eye in a bit swollen and it is glazed over with a white coating. Please help!!!

I believe that is called popeye. I Had an angel a few years ago that had it. I left to go to the LFS to ask how to help it and was told it is hard to cure but there might be something out there now but im not sure. I was gone 3 hours and came back and he was gone. Im sure someone will chime in and let you know for sure. Good luck and keep us posted.