Search results

1. no1bubba

Lost yellow tang in 3 hours

Woke up this am and found my yellow tang with a split in his dorsal fin. Fours hours later he was on the bottom of the tank gasping for air. I had just completed a 25% water change. My two clams are ok. Just found my hero tang hiding in a plate coral and he won't come out even for nori...he...
  2. no1bubba

Need New Skimmer

Need to purchase a new skimmer....what are your thoughts on what is best for 75 gal. 2 tangs, 6 line wrasse, lawnmower, red hawk ,2 perc clowns CB Shrimp. Need external. Thanks, Bubba
  3. no1bubba

Zoas Being Choked By Green Fuzz

I am desperate. I have tried water pressure and the green stuff doesn't move. I also tried the tweezers but it killed the zoas. I am now adding kent tech m and I'm up to 1600 and that doesn't touch it. But, I am adding the tech m because someone told me it was the dreaded "B". Is there anyother...
  4. no1bubba

Procedure From Qt To Display Tank

They have already beem in the QT with the CopperSafe. Now I want to move them to the DT. LFS told me they would need to be dipped, soaked or whatever to get the coppersafe off of them prior to adding them to my DT. I have the temperature the same now. Someone has suggested Stresscoat. How...
  5. no1bubba

Procedure From Qt To Display Tank

Going to add two tangs to my display tank today and I need to know the proper procedure...the QT has been treated with CopperSafe and I know that they should not be placed in DT without something being done. Thanks, Bubba
  6. no1bubba

Is there a bleach free filter sock cleaning method?

I make my own socks from the micron filter pads. buy the 30" x36" 100 micron for $8.99 . Easy to make and I soak them in bleach prior to machine washing. I always have a bunch made up and use them on every inlet and outlet. I have had a micro bubble problem and they help a great deal, plus...
  7. no1bubba

Live Rock For Fragging

I want to drill some of my live rock to place my fraggs into. Should I dry the live rock out for the ones that I want to glue. I haven't much luck with glueing thought it may be because the rock and the frag were both wet. Thanks, Bubba
  8. no1bubba

WANTED Brain Coral, Lobophyllia RED

lOOKING FOR BRAIN CORAL, LOBOPHYLLIA RED... ALSO ORANGE/RED CHALACE BUBBLE CORAL (WHITE_) bUBBLE ANEMONE (GREEN) hAMMER CORAL lIVE IN VALDOSTA, ga (SOUTHERN GEORGIA) Thank you, Bubba
  9. no1bubba

Chalices for sale

how much and do you ship to southrn GA?Bubba
  10. no1bubba

What's wrong with my brain coral?

I also have the exact same (Pineapple Brain Coral) It was given to me when it was 3 years old and I have had it 2 years now. It has always had the same appearance along the very bottom. When I first got it I put it up on a rock and with withdrew and looked poorly. It has been on the sand...
  11. no1bubba

Help For Bleach Out Toadstool Leather

I recently purchased new MH and 5t fixture. Timer got messed up from a storm and the MH started earlier and my toadstool is bleached out. Some of the higher areas closer to the lights got all wrinkled and folded into itself. It has come back to the normal size and configuration but is so...
  12. no1bubba

Quartining Two Small Tangs

10 gal, small naso and small yellow. I have a non-see through seperator. I have a second tank but it will take me 2 or 3 days to get the stuff together. Plus I can not drain the extra 10 gal off my dt. Thanks, Bubba
  13. no1bubba

Quartining Two Small Tangs

I know that I made a mistake by ordering two tangs to be delivered today. This is my problem...........I only have one QT tank ready. I can get a second but I do not have the equipment to operate it. tubing, marinated sponge etc. I have read that if you are going to keep two tangs you shoudl...
  14. no1bubba

Zoas Covered With White Mold

There are no dots, this white slime covers the entire zoa.And appears to stay within the center or along the side of the colony. Thanks for answering. Bubba
  15. no1bubba

White Cyano ????

Has any one hear of white cyano? In less than 24 hours it has completely covered two areas of my tank that contain zoas. If you know of a natural way to get rid of it ..with the exception of purchasing a snowflake eal please advise. I know that my bangi cardinal has disppeared and I have not...
  16. no1bubba

Zoas Covered With White Mold

Over night.......last night I was conserned that some were not opening up but I though it was due to the byprosis that has started up again. This afternoon I found two area that were covered with white mold. This mold was on some of the zoas that were not opening. Mag 1420 Iodine 0.06 calc...
  17. no1bubba

Need To Replace 54 W Ballast

I have the ballast I just need to know basically how to replace it. Thanks, Bubba
  18. no1bubba

How Long Can You Store Salt Water

I would like to make up a large amount of water and store it. Can I leave it in the brute I made it in? Does it have to be stored at any particular temperature. I would like to keep it in a closted container on my screeded porch...I live in South Georgia. Do I keep the power head running...
  19. no1bubba

Chat!!!!!!

I just did this 5 min ago but it hasn't showed up...What would you do with patches of zoas growing randomly on the bottom of your tank? AND thanks to Big Al and seafansar for helping me with my pineapple coral problem. Bubba
  20. no1bubba

Chat!!!!!!

what would you do with bunches of zoas growing at random on the bottom of your tank? And just posted a thank you to Big Al and seafansar for helping me with the Pineapple coral problem. Back to the random Zoas? Bubba