Search results

1. J

Trigger tankmates

That would be a problem. I don't have a tight fitting lid. My canopy is completely open in the back. I've kind of settled on a Niger trigger anyway. I might get a puffer as well. What would you use for cleanup in such a tank? Won't they eat any snails or hermits?
  2. J

Trigger tankmates

I am starting over completely right now. I set the tank back up and let it cycle. I put a damsel in just so something would be swimming around and added a little new rock to seed the tank, but that's it.
  3. J

Trigger tankmates

We lost power for 7 days, but stayed at various peoples houses. I came by and checked on my tank every day, and it was surviving for the first 2 days. The water was holding it's temp pretty well. By day 3, it was staying about 40 degrees in the house and everything shriveled up and died. I...
  4. J

Trigger tankmates

Yep, that ice storm. I thought the clown triggers were a bit too agressive? I would prefer a fairly peaceful tank.
  5. J

Trigger tankmates

My 125g tank crashed in January due to a prolonged power outage. After setting it back up, I have decided to set up a FOWLR tank and would like to get a trigger or 2. I keep reading and hearing about things that *might* get along with certain triggers, but nothing real specific. What do you...
  6. J

What does "Reef-Safe" mean

If I may ask, what corals are generally safe around large angels?
  7. J

OK, i think i know what is going on..need professional help

What about the bouncing off of rocks bit? Why are the fish doing that? I am curious about that because a blue tang I bought a few weeks ago is doing something similar.
  8. J

Blue Tang

He is certainly not a baby. I sprang for the larger one (about 5 in) to prevent bullying. His tank mates are a yellow tang (smaller than him and only in for about a month), 2 false percs, 5 green chromis, a royal gramma, a foxface, and a French angel. The angel is the undisputed master of the...
  9. J

Blue Tang

Thanks for the info. I guess I will just have to be patient. He really is a beautiful fish.
  10. J

Blue Tang

I impulse bought a blue tang a few days ago simply to add more color to my tank. He has been hiding in the rocks ever since. I can't find anything about how shy these guys are. Does anyone know? I don't think he is being harrassed. My French angel gave him a once over but I never saw any...
  11. J

Clean-up Crew Restocking

Thanks for the suggestions. Turbos it is then. Woodstock, I think mine are some type of limpet snail.
  12. J

Clean-up Crew Restocking

I am looking for a little advice and some experiences before place an order. I have a 125 gallon tank that has been set up for almost a year. The tank itself was a merger of two aquariums that were several years old. I have no idea how much livr rock is in it. Current inhabitants are a...
  13. J

Something is eating my Xenia

I have a French angel that can't swim past pulsing Xenia without having a nip. I think the movement is just too enticing, not that the fish has any real appetite for it.
  14. J

Fish ID

Ah, thanks for the info guys. I have been searching the net for info and haven't found a picture that looks just like him. I guess it's because of the color change. It's not the acropora he sits on in my tank, but the caulastrea (sp?).
  15. J

Fish ID

Any idea what this fish might be? He came with a tank I purchased and the owner couldn't remember what he was or where he came from. He is maybe 2 inches long and wouldn't sit still enough for a decent picture.
  16. Fish ID

Fish ID

Any Ideas?
  17. J

Top Of The Morning To Ya!

Heh, I haven't been to bed yet, but I am off Tuesday. Starting to get a bit loopy, perhaps bed is a good idea.
  18. J

Aquascaping question

Do you guys use the glass to support the rock at all or is it all free standing? I don't have any intention of adding one of those pvc racks. I can only assume that my rocks are just poorly shaped and that I need to get some base rock.
  19. J

Ordering pods?

Ah, that was the place. Thanks Reeflady!
  20. J

Ordering pods?

I cannot find a single pod in my tank anymore. I think it is a combination of predation and a really screwy current that I need to fix. I will be adding more live rock soon, so I guess I may get some then, but doesn't someone online sell packages of pods? I thought I remembered seeing them...