Search results

1. jstorey

ecotech vortec pumps

I have 4 in my 300 gallon. As said above I like having no cords in the tank. They aren't intrusive in size and put out a ton of flow. You can adjust the flow and put it in different types of mode depending on what you want to do. I also like the feed mode. You can press the feed mode on one...
  2. jstorey

whats your favorite fish in your tank?

Another vote here for the blue spot jawfish. a close second would be my blue face angel which I have had go through the color change from juvenile to adult. Beautiful fish.
  3. jstorey

The infamous substrate question

I have Aragaonite in mine with the same goby and a blue spot jawfish. no issues at all. The sand bed stays clean and white and the water clear.
  4. jstorey

Lunar wrasse?

I had a lunare when I had a fish only system and agree with all of the above. I had glass tops but he jumped out 3 times when I had it open to clean or feed. Wiped out the entire cleaning crew and almost killed a tusk fish before I got it out and returned it. Check out fairy and flashers...
  5. jstorey

Hi All, new to this forum

I use a turkey baster to feed mysis or whatever I am feeding that day just to spread everything in the water column to make sure everyone gets something. I also spot feed my blue spot. My blue spot and my diamond goby both jump up and bite at the turkey baster to get to the food. It really is...
  6. Photo_033108_004

Photo_033108_004

7. Photo_033108_005

Photo_033108_005

8. Photo_033108_009

Photo_033108_009

9. jstorey

Anti-Jump Proof

I bought screen frames from Lowe's and made frames the size of the openings in the top of my acrylic tank and hold them in place on top using velcro. Instead of screening I bought 1/4" mesh pond netting from watergardens.org. It keeps the critters in (I have a blue spot jawfish and several...
  10. jstorey

The Bluespot Club

Got 2 shots of mine with my camera phone and put them in my gallery. One when I first moved him to my 300 gallon and the other with all the shells is his permanent fortress he has built. Not the best pictures but I will try and get the wife's camera for some better shots. I have had him for a...
  11. jstorey

I have a couple of sand sifting starfish, several nassarius snails but mainly my diamond goby. He is out from dawn to dusk sifting all day long. I had some brown areas in my sandbed until I got him and he wiped it out in no time.
  12. jstorey

I put a couple of shots from my camera phone in my gallery just to get some out there. A couple of my blue spot, one side view from each side and a full tank shot. Not very good quality. I will try and get the wife's camera for some better shots.
  13. Photo_031108_001

Photo_031108_001

14. Photo_033108_007

Photo_033108_007

15. Photo_033108_013

Photo_033108_013

16. Photo_031108_005

Photo_031108_005

17. Photo_033108_011

Photo_033108_011

18. Blue Spot Jawfish

Blue Spot Jawfish

19. Blue Spot Jawfish

Blue Spot Jawfish

20. jstorey

The Bluespot Club

How do you post pics on this forum? I will try to get some later tonight when I get home.