The Bluespot Club

Basser1

Jen, outside of his sore on his jaw, he looks good! His coloring looks fine! Try keeping thing quiet in his tank, keep feeding but don't over-feed, and maybe keep up with water changes. Hopefully he will pull through.

lcstorc

I really hope he does.
Meanwhile I think sparkles has been fooling me. I thought he was moving from place to place but really he just has 2 doors. I think he may have settled in there at least for the moment. He has used all the rubble I put on that side of the tank so I am going to move the stuff from the other side closer to him. He is still a bit shy but is coming out more and more expecially at dinner time.

lcstorc

Not yet, but I'll ask Frank to take some when he gets home. I hope he stays where he is since it is really cute. He even has a tree (gorgonian) by his front door. I just moved some more CC for him but he keeps trying to use nassarius snails. Obviously that doesn't work very well. :)

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Thanks for checking up on Larry, and for the advice. His lip just keeps getting worse. I've attached pics, but it's really hard to see. His bottom lip is now deteriorated/off all the way to the corner of his mouth on his left and is working its way around to his right. It goes down his "throat" probably a good 1/4". He does eat a teeny bit. I've tried to catch him...really tried, no luck.
He is in the display tank, which is where the Royal Gramma had a touch of ich. I see no spots right now, at all.
Hoping for miracles!

Jen, that looks like some kind of battle wound! Perhaps he encountered some formidable foe in the substrate. It appears that his mandible is fractured in the midline. I say again, do not stress him anymore by trying to catch him. Let nature takes its course, that's your best bet for his survival.
Maintain pristine water conditions, feed highly nutritious foods, chopped scallop is excellent. Chop food fine enough for him to eat. Try to get foods close to him. Sometimes, I feed my BS after lights out, when the other fish are snoozing in the rockwork. He will gladly come out for a piece of food when no one is around. I'm saying a prayer for Larry!

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Mine is still figuring out where he wants to live. Every day we play "find the bluespot" at least 2 or 3 times.
He's still eating and looking good so I am very pleased so far.

Who you lookin at?

IMG_7139.jpg

Somehow I didn't see this picture, even though I posted right after.:dunno: Sparkles is radiant and some blue spot! Caution, he will steal your attention away from your other reef, guaranteed! :)

Jen

Thanks so much for the advice, Scott.
It does look like his lower jaw is in half...if not thirds. What's odd is that it started with just a little bump on his lip. Then it just progressed daily from there...almost like he has some sort of necrotic infection. I have a little bit of hope, though, just because he's hung in there so well already--go Larry! I'm now hoping and praying that it's not some horrible disease that will spread to everybody else!

Lynn: I'm enjoying hearing about the building! I love it that they build multi-room homes, with a front and back door! And that they rearrange until everything is just right!

Everybody throw a hug and a kiss to your Bluespot from yourselves and from Larry and I, and enjoy them today!:heart:

goldenmean

Come on Larry!
We are pulling for you.
We are sending all of our positive healing energy to you.

Attachments

• medicineBuddha.jpg
    medicineBuddha.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 36

Basser1

Jen, is there some kind of anti-biotic that can be used? Like Maracyn?

On another note, I don't normally talk up other web-sites. But if you're like me, I like to check out some others. On Reef-Central, under the reef fishes sub-forum, there are currently 3 or 4 different threads about BSJF! One thread and in particular, a person who posted on one, caught my attention. He has a blue spot for over a year! I thought this was great since our beloved BSJF seem to be getting a "bum rap", some even suggesting that these fish should not be collected and left in the ocean! Well, I sent this person an e-mail and suggested he/she check out our club and extended an invite for them to join. I just got a reply saying he registered and will be sharing with us pics of his blue spot and his tank!

lcstorc

Awesome. I believe I met his meet and greet post. Now all we need is a pic of his blue and he is in the club.

jstorey

I have had a blue spot for a little over a year now. He started out in my 135 and now is in my 300. I had to fish him out of my overflows 3 times in the 135 until he finally settled in. In the 300 he has built a fortress in the front corner so he can keep an eye on everything. I had a spiny oyster that didn't make it and cleaned the shell and put it in the tank for decoration and he has incorporated that along with rubble and empty clam shells from feedings. At night he actually pulls those over the top and closes the "door" to his house. I usually use a turkey baster to feed with and he will jump out and bite at it. Eats like a pig and anything I put in the tank for the other fish he will go for. Mysis, brine, raw gulf shrimp, clams on the half shell (doubles as home construction) krill ,formula 2, pellets it doesn't matter. Great fish with tons of personality, easily my favorite fish.

jstorey

Got 2 shots of mine with my camera phone and put them in my gallery. One when I first moved him to my 300 gallon and the other with all the shells is his permanent fortress he has built. Not the best pictures but I will try and get the wife's camera for some better shots. I have had him for a year now. Great personality and easily my favorite.

Craig Manoukian

Welcome jstorey!

Go to photo gallery and click on upload. Pick the appropriate category and brouse your hard drive for the photo. Upload away. You then can copy the img code from your picture properties and add it to a post here. Let us know if you need assistance with the syntax.

goldenmean

jstorey - once you have your pic in your gallery click on a photo and when that pic loads below the Photo Details you will see the UBB CODE.
Copy and paste this code right into your post and the pic will appear there.
Like this:

Here is jstoreys BSJF
Photo_031108_002.jpg

bluespotjawfish

Welcome jstorey! :bluenod: :hug1: :bluenod:

I've added you as a member to our front page. I'm not sure the front page is current with everyone else, so when you have a minute stop by the front page and see if the list looks right to you (additions/subtractions).

Go Larry :hug1: Go Larry

Basser1

Lorraine, that's a good idea! I think we should do a "roll call", just like school days to see who is present and still around! Polky & Basser1 ---- Present and accounted for!