ecotech vortec pumps

tbittner

I only have one. I love it! It generates a LOT of flow. I'm not sure they're worth THAT kind of money though. But unfortunately, the Koralias are the next best thing for a fraction of the cost but they're REALLY imposing inside the tank.

AQTCJAK

RS Sponsor
I have installed them the do generate alot of flow cost wise is steep I just dont like the fact that the magnet can corode

tbittner

Brooks, have you checked out Melevs website? He shows how to build a closed loop without drilling the tank. If I had a chance to do it all over again, that is what I would do. No PH's in the tank with that solution.

brooks93

or are the tunze 6101 with wave controller a better option

Terry I will see if I can find the close loop DIY on Melevs

brooks93

LOL it was worth a shot. I would even put on a steelers shirt if it would help

I was thinking just one for my 90 but, do you think 2 would be needed?

tbittner

ummm, right....

I don't believe that for a MINUTE!!! :lol:

Scott (Dentoid) has two in his 90, one on each side with the wave maker option, and he has incredible growth. They face each other and he has them towards the front of the tank.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
I have two on my 90 with the wave controller. They are the Ferrari of pumps. High performance, impeccable styling with characteristics unsurpassed by other pump makers and a price tag to go along with it. Mine have been functioning non stop for 16 months without a problem.

brooks93

dang I didn't want to have to buy 2.. LOL time to start searching for best price

Terry I said I would wear one. I didn't say where LOL

tbittner

That is a great point too. They last. And the manufacturer stands behind them. EcoTech is a great company, as is IceCap who makes the battery backup for them. I think IceCap makes the wave maker too.

SJS

I have two in my 300 gallon tank. Will probably add two more as I get more corals. I like that there is no power cord in the tank, relatively small, no heat in the tank, good flow, quiet, they can slip if bumped, but that is not a big concern. I like having adjustable flow also, I turn down the gph when feeding, put it back up when done.
Cant comment on the wavemaker as I dont have one, but I can say the customer service was great. Had one pump malfunction, returned it to Icecap and they fixed it and sent it back pretty quickly...
I got mine from Marinedepot.com

jstorey

I have 4 in my 300 gallon. As said above I like having no cords in the tank. They aren't intrusive in size and put out a ton of flow. You can adjust the flow and put it in different types of mode depending on what you want to do. I also like the feed mode. You can press the feed mode on one controller and all power heads go in feed mode for 10 minutes and then go back to normal. A great feature for forgetful people like myself.