Hi All, new to this forum

jstorey

I was just referred to this forum by Basser1. A little about my setup. I started in March 2006 with a 75 gallon and quickly moved to a 135. I added an additional 135 because I wanted to have some aggressive fish that weren't reef safe. That lasted a several months and I got tired of being the clean up crew because those guys ate everything I put in the tank so I sold both setups and moved to my current setup. I have a Tenecor 300 gallon acrylic tank which is 10x2x2. I am running a Bubblemaster 250 skimmer, Dual Quiet One return pumps(a 5000 & 6000), Ranco dual controller with a Sea Chill chiller(which has yet to run), 2 visatherm stealth 250watt heaters, a Midwest Aquatics denitrator, Reef Fanatic top off, Phosban and carbon in reactors , UV sterilzer, 4 Vor Techs and the Aqua Illumination LED lights. I have mostly lps and softies, typical cleanup crew with various snails, some starfish, 2 fire shrimp and 3 cleaner shrimp. As far as fish go I have, Blue Face Angel (hasn't touched a thing) Naso Tang, Fox Face Rabbit, Blue Tang, Yellow Tang, Kole Tang, Flame Angel, a pair of true percs, blue chromis, diamond goby, blue spot jawfish, Yashia goby with a pistol shrimp and 7 wrasses. A Lubbocks, blue sided fairy, exquisite, solar, mystery, melanarus and a filamented. The current set up has been up since late January.

framerguy

Geez, a Bubble King and FOUR vortechs. Wow, I love it!! Welcome to RS and lets see some pics of this awesome setup. I'm an equipment buff so... lets see some behind the scenes stuff too. Welcome!!!

jstorey

Bubble Master not Bubble King, those are a little more than my wallet can stand! I will try to get some pics up later.

Basser1

:thumber:

Glad to see you made it here! And WELCOME!! And like Dentoid said, be sure to check out and post your blue spot!!!

jstorey

Love the denitrator. I had one on my FOWLR aggressive set up and it took my nitrates fro 60-80ppm to 5 in about 5 weeks. My 135 reef I couldn't seem to get them below 15-20 and it took them to 0ppm in the same amount of time. Easy to use, pretty much fill it and plug and play. I will check out the blue spot jawfish club and I will need to get the wife's camera to get some decent shots other than my camera on my phone.

jstorey

I put a couple of shots from my camera phone in my gallery just to get some out there. A couple of my blue spot, one side view from each side and a full tank shot. Not very good quality. I will try and get the wife's camera for some better shots.

Jen

Welcome jstorey from lubbock. Jen from Allen north of Dallas here. Also hello to other fellow Texan, Chris :)
I enjoyed the pics in your gallery--beautiful huge tank! Your sand looks so white! How do you do that???
Enjoy!

jstorey

I have a couple of sand sifting starfish, several nassarius snails but mainly my diamond goby. He is out from dawn to dusk sifting all day long. I had some brown areas in my sandbed until I got him and he wiped it out in no time.

Chris3859

Hey to you too Jen. I used to live not too terribly far from Allen. A little town called Sherman. Just a hop skip and jump up 75 from you. Jeff, do you hand feed your Diamond yet? I do mine. He has the most personality of any fish I have ever had!

jstorey

I use a turkey baster to feed mysis or whatever I am feeding that day just to spread everything in the water column to make sure everyone gets something. I also spot feed my blue spot. My blue spot and my diamond goby both jump up and bite at the turkey baster to get to the food. It really is hilarious.