Search results

1. T

Clam??????'s

Ok, I just got my clam in today and it is doing fine. Now its been months since I last read up about clams so I need a little brush up. If any one is wondering I ordered this one night out of the blue wasn't planing on buying one. Question.... Do I feed it and if so what?? Where in the...
  2. T

My simple 20 Long reef

I can't believe thats a 20L I have to keep looking at the pictures.
  3. T

anemone ID

Do these guys sting like the bigger ones do?? I have one next to my zoas I moved the rock that they where on last night and woke up to two of them now and the new one is touching the zoas now.
  4. T

Problems Attaching Corals???? Stressed. Help

And you can get this at any store??
  5. T

Problems Attaching Corals???? Stressed. Help

So you can use any old super glue to glue corals down???
  6. T

Ich/Coral Question????

How would you set up a QT tank for SW???? I know how for FW but have never done one for SW.
  7. T

Ich/Coral Question????

Well I want to buy some corals from some one who has a fish in the same tank as the corals start showing signs of ich. Would it be wise to buy them or is there some kind of dip I can do???
  8. T

Ich/Coral Question????

Hi, I had a question about ich and corals. Now if a tank has a fish with ich can ich be transfored through corals to another tank??? I know ich is a fish illness but I was wondering if corals can carry it???
  9. T

How do I increase the copepod population?

Do you have a picture of it???
  10. T

zoos on a snail

Well I thought if you guys wanted to see a picture of one I had one of a crab. I got the shell with the zoa's on it and glued it to a rock but it fell off so my crab thought it would jump in. When I first saw it I was wonding what was going on until I got closer to the tank and saw what...
  11. T

Chicagoland Reefers

There is one place that has vary good prices (I think for the size of coral you get) and friendly its called "Beyond The Reef" in the NW Subs. For an LFS I think the prices are good.
  12. T

PC Lights & 20 Long

Sold
  13. T

PC Lights & 20 Long

Hi, I am selling a 30" Nova PC light it has 2-65wtts, 2-atinic's and 3 moon lights this comes on top of a 20 long tank. There is no legs but I'm pretty sure you can buy some for it off the web. I am asking $60 for all of it. E-mail me with any questions.
  14. T

I thougt it was just throwing ideas to get input

You could do hairgrass but IMO its a pain in the butt to keep in the gravel or sand I always had problems with it and ended up taking it out of my tank.
  15. T

7 Headed Hammer Dying!!!!!

UPDATE: I lost the hammer I think if I had did more dips on it I might have been able to save it, but I wasn't sure if I could do more then one dip. I talk to a guy at one of the aquarium stores I go to and he said I should have done a dip every day for 10-15min for up to a week. I think if I...
  16. T

Discus Fish

Can I ask what a "flow through" is??? Is it like a wet/dry system??? Really high ph isn't good for discus like a salt water tank. You want to keep it around 7.3-7.8 and we usually don't test for calcium. Ph, nitrates, nitrites, hardness and ammonia are the main things we test for. Water changes...
  17. T

Thanks guys great suggestions!!! When I bought the new pump for the skimmer it came with an extra pump so I've got one ready and waiting. UPDATE: The hammer has two heads left and is dying faster now so its pretty much a goner:cry1: :cry1:
  18. T

Terry, thanks for the tip I was looking in to something like that, but I just might stop at the store and take a look at some today. My skimmer wasn't working I just bought a new pump for it and hopefully it will help a lot to bring the phosphates down.
  19. T

Well the dip just slowed the process down it didn't stop it. So I'm wondering if I should do another dip or will it be to much on the hammer???
  20. T

Hi, thanks for asking about it. I have lost two heads but the spreading has stoped and my other hammer looks normal again. The second head that died a small part of it is still trying to hang on. Thank you every one for your help and a special thank you to Lynn for helping me with what meds to...