Search results

1. D

additives?

I know I need to add calcium since my levels were ~420 and I think I need to increase my KdH. What else should I be adding? I see so many products that talk about improving coral growth and health, but I am one whoe think less is best and thus I do not want to add stuff that my tank really...
  2. D

My first Ebay Coral purchase

Coral #1 Coral #2 Coral #3 Coral #4 with shipping it was $92 for all 4. I will likely get a few more from him and the extra ones will only be $5 more per coral to ship with this batch :) If anyone knows other people selling on Ebay that gives a break on shipping to PA please let me...
  3. D

RO/DI Unit - what should I get?

I have a 37g Red Sea Max so I will not need a high flow one, but I do plan on getting a larger tank in a few years. What are the key things it should have? Any particular brand/model to look at?
  4. D

Koralia 2 + BTA

should I worry at all of it getting sucked in? I figure it is drawing water in from all around the powerhead and not one small opening so I might be OK? Just wanted to know before I buy the anenome
  5. D

snail? slug??

The mainly come out without the lights on and if you turn the lights on they can actually move relatively fast for a snail/slug. I thought it was a chiton at first, but I am not sure at this point
  6. D

feeding clownfish

I thought once a day was fine, but now I see 2-3 times a day? Is this correct?
  7. D

Lawnmower Blenny - hiding?

I just got one this weekend along with a small clownfish. These were my first two fish that I have added. The clown is really small and I tried to get the smallest lawnmower blenny that the guy could catch. He was small, but not too small. After 2 days my ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates are...
  8. D

CUC - enough?

Well this is what I have - 34g red sea max I know some people are not found of crabs, but some people get by with them so I did include them. I am not really feeding the tank since there is enough algae that I don't think I need to. Crabs - 9 3 Scarlet Reef Hermit Crabs 2 Tricolor...
  9. D

Fresh rock and cycling questions

I purchased fresh live rock last weekend and I now have 8 pounds of fresh live rock and 38 lbs of cured live rock. I started off with 30 lbs of cured live rock (no smell) in my 34g Red Sea Max. I used the shrimp (my wife did not let me keep it in there after two days) and got my spike and...
  10. D

not sure?

I am just starting out (tank is about 2 weeks old) so I am not going to start guessing. I thought it was an anenome, but I really am not sure. It wasn't there yesterday.
  11. D

Live sand/live rock/base rock/cured rock/????

OK - I thought I had a good handle on things, but after more reading I am pretty confused. I have a 34g Red Sea Max that I have had cycling for about a week and my ammonia and nitrites are both back to 0. My nitrates are at 10 so I was reading what type of clean up crew to get, but then I...
  12. D

Red Sea Max - slow and steady

I started a thread in the Nano Section, but this seems to be more of the place for this. Here is the thread I started http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/nano-reefs/26890-my-red-sea-max-34g.html I will pick up the story from here.
  13. D

My Red Sea Max 34g

1/16/08 Purchased - Red Sea Max 34g with Black Stand 1/17/08 - 1/18/08 Added Aragonite Sand and RO/DI water. I have all the filter media installed until the water is clear (basically clear now) and then I will remove the sponges and the ceramic tubes. I bought a digital thermometer...
  14. D

OK - Bought a tank - now the ??s

I bought the 34g Red Sea Max. I wanted to set up a larger tank, but with two little kids I figure I can get my feet wet with this tank. I will take some pics once I actually get something in it other than air. So the questions. Lighting Will I run into issues with the lighting on this...
  15. D

some general questions

just starting out. I have a 90g glass tank (not drilled) that I used for a freshwater tank a few years back. Should I even bother messing around drilling this one or should I do what I want and get a 150g acrylic that is reef ready? If I do how easy do they scratch - I have two kids under 3 :)
  16. D

Hi

I have been reading through some of this forum and I like what I see. I have a 90g glass tank all crated up that I used for an African Cichlid tank about 5-6 years ago. I have always wanted a reef tank, but never had the money while in graduate school and our first few years after my wife and...