My first Ebay Coral purchase

Coral #1
Coral #2
Coral #3
Coral #4

with shipping it was $92 for all 4. I will likely get a few more from him and the extra ones will only be $5 more per coral to ship with this batch :)

If anyone knows other people selling on Ebay that gives a break on shipping to PA please let me know. I only found a few people who do.

If I am an idiot and these are bad corals or overpriced please tell me. They seemed pretty nicely priced compared to what I have seen at the LFSs and online.

aaromano

I've bought from this seller and if you live in eastern PA or NJ his shipping is cheap. UPS ground will del overnight from his location. Frags are a little smallish but he has nice colorful stuff that you just don't find in shops locally and if you are patient you can get a bargain.

klasikb

I was going to buy from him but thought $5 extra dollars for each little frag after already paying $40 was a bit much. What do you guys think about that? He does seem to have great looking stuff, but how much water does a 1 or 2 inch frag have to be in? I just don't like it when any one trys to make money on the shipping. If that is what it really is to ship it I don't mind.
Sheila

aaromano

I don't know that's pretty typical for most coral frags I've seen as far as $5 extra per piece. The item I got was triple or quad bagged ($) with a heat pack ($) . Maybe you should call and try to work out deal.

klasikb

Calling would be a good idea, I was looking at about 10 pieces so that $5 adds up. I'm guess I've gotten spoiled by flat rate shipping from all the big on-line vendors. Please post pics once everything is settled in.

it is $20 base shipping for me +$5 per frag. The main thing is I can't get these at the LFS and the ones I can are pretty pricey. I bought a similar frag tonight from ThatFishPlace since it is about an hour from me and it is double the price of one frag I got through this guy.

I guess I have to wait until it comes and wait for the frags to grow. I was buying based on some research, but not much. It seemed like a good deal for different corals. :) I will let people know how they look when I get them. I now got 4 more and I have bids on 10 others :)

aaromano

Make sure you give those Favia plenty of room they can have long sweeper tentacles and will attack any corals close by. The Acans are much less agressive and lack any substantial sweepers they just put out stubby feeders.

Make sure you give those Favia plenty of room they can have long sweeper tentacles and will attack any corals close by. The Acans are much less agressive and lack any substantial sweepers they just put out stubby feeders.

thanks for the advice. They are all going to be very small so room should not be an issue. I spent the weekend finishing my aquascaping, but I can't seem to get the look I want. I will mess with it some more tonight since I will be getting the first batch of corals this Friday.

This might be a dumb question, but can I slice off these corals and attach to my rocks or is it better to just attach the plug and allow them to grow to cover the plug and then rock. I wanted to avoid the rock with the "bump" where the plug was if I could, but I guess I do not want to stress them out when they get here.