feeding clownfish

chuck116

I am still new to this but i have had three clowns in my tank for just about a year know and i feed them once a day. on occasion twice, but thats it. They have all been happy for some time now. I think it would also depend on the size of the tank and the amount and frequency of your water changes. Also the size and type of filtration system. Remember food means waste and waste means nitrates. I hope this helps, remember i am still a newbie.

lcstorc

Ideally several small meals. In the wild fish are eating all day. When we put them in our tanks they are limited to when we choose to feed.
Obviously you would reduce the amount of each feeding or you will run into the problems caused by the extra nutrients.

amc78cj7

I have two oscillaris clowns. I feed them once every other day. Mysis and sometimes flakes mixed in. I let the food sink to the bottom of spoon full of water then release bit-by-bit in front of the powerhead as the fish eat it .

Seems to work and keeps water chemicals clean.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I feed sparingly purposely. when I do feed I do it via previously frozen food "pucks". I prepare my food once a week (prepare means thawing, mixing various meaty foods, VitaChem, and Sechem) then freeze it in Dose Sized containers. Then when it's time to feed I shut down "Return Pumps" and drop the puck. It slowly melts releasing the frozen goodies over a period of maybe 5 -7 minutes. The clowns seem to love it (Everyone actually) and they have all learned how to rip food from the puck before it's really ready.... everyone seems healthy as they are both a year old (or I've had them a year).

:)

amc78cj7

I feed sparingly purposely. when I do feed I do it via previously frozen food "pucks". I prepare my food once a week (prepare means thawing, mixing various meaty foods, VitaChem, and Sechem) then freeze it in Dose Sized containers. Then when it's time to feed I shut down "Return Pumps" and drop the puck. It slowly melts releasing the frozen goodies over a period of maybe 5 -7 minutes. The clowns seem to love it (Everyone actually) and they have all learned how to rip food from the puck before it's really ready.... everyone seems healthy as they are both a year old (or I've had them a year).

:)

How frequently does a new puck go in the pond Al?