Recent content by shale

1. shale

bicolor blenny

We've got a bicolor in the 70-gal. He snacks on the algae on the glass, the algae on the rocks, and eats the frozen food. Like everyone's been saying, you should be okay. What else is in your tank?
  2. shale

My 110 Gallon Build

Here are a couple of photos I took of the fish last week. Well, the wrasse and the assesor, anyway. The pictures of the bsjf came out blurry. clickable thumbnails! here's Faye, being pretty And this is Julio, chillin out above the monti I'll bug Adam to post a fts now that the...
  3. shale

Anselth's 70 Gallon Tech Tank upgrade

Picture time! Some shots around the tank...... clickable thumbnails :) FTS Tony the bicolor blenny poking his head out of his home royal gramma Caesar hanging out by the hammer coral This ricordea is getting giant! some of the zoos next the the blasto, and some caulastrea...
  4. shale

As Adam said, he's been monitoring some of the parameters on the tank closely and he's replaced some of the lighting. We're still battling the brown hair algae, and to that end Adam bought a couple of mexican turbo snails to add to the tank. They're doing a great job, so far! Still have a...
  5. shale

My 110 Gallon Build

I actually had no idea there was a second fish in that tank until this morning. I guess he likes to be up and about in the pre-dawn light while the rest of the world is sleeping. (Except for crew teams, I suppose). Crazy early riser. :} He’s a nice little fish though. Hopefully he’ll finish...
  6. shale

catfish playing with bubbles?

I'll be sure to pass your advice onto the tank's owner. Thanks!
  7. shale

well, that's part of the problem..... when I said very little maintenance I meant pretty much none. I don't have any test kits on hand for this tank. It's really a "feed daily and top off water" sort of operation. Before the roomie and I make any real plans for the upgrade to the larger tank...
  8. shale

My 110 Gallon Build

We have a new fish???? Man! I miss /everything/ when I stay home. -starts thinking up suitable names- Also really excited about the red shroom. :}
  9. shale

My roommate has a small freshwater tank that currently only has one fish in it, a big fat old catfish. Today I noticed that he was hanging vertically against the side of the tank, right below the filter. He's not actually playing with the bubbles, but he chilled out in that spot, as opposed to...
  10. shale

How about teaching an old fish a new trick? Apparently the Royal Gramma has learned to play dead. So, we went out last night, and when we came home Adam turned on the lights in the living room so we could peek in on the tank. The sea hare is crawling around, munching on algae and doing her...
  11. shale

heh, it was 12:30am and we had both just woken up. Maybe that helped . :}
  12. shale

Counting the days until Adam’s home….. any day now…… In the meantime, the tank system has decided to act up. I had dozed off, but thankfully Adam’s roommate and his girlfriend were up watching tv. I had been filling the ATO reservoir (and dozed off) so they turned off the water. Next thing I...
  13. shale

On a totally delayed note, we probably have a handful of shells from our poor lamented snail friends who fell off the glass and never got up..... some turbo shells, a cerith or two... maybe a couple of others kicking around here or there. -shrugs-
  14. shale

seahare food?

I feed my sea hare green sea veggies or nori. I usually just rubber band a piece to a rock and drop it down to the sand. She seems to love the stuff. So much so that she's been ignoring some of the hair algae that's started to grow among the branches of the caulastrea. :/
  15. shale

Thanks Lynn! For the time being it seems like the only algae that wants to grow is that blasted bubble algae. However, I am noticing some small spots of coralline algae growing on the glass near the back. That happened in the 50-gallon, too; most of the back wall was covered in coralline. I...