Anselth's 70 Gallon Tech Tank upgrade

shale

Picture time!
Some shots around the tank...... clickable thumbnails :)
FTS

Tony the bicolor blenny poking his head out of his home

royal gramma Caesar hanging out by the hammer coral

This ricordea is getting giant!

some of the zoos next the the blasto, and some caulastrea frags

my coral beauty, Boudicca

Anselth

25 gallon water change today, current parameters:

Ammonia - 0
Nitrate - 5
Phosphate - 0
Calcium - 440
Alk ~ 143.2
Mg - 1200
SG - 1.026
pH - 8.0

Added some Mg supplement to try to bring that in line, I think the pH is a bit low because of the building O2 getting low. Hopefully I'll be able to open a window one of these days.

Unfortunately, the yellow pagoda lost its fight with whatever was ailing it. The aquascape has changed a bit, I'll try to post pictures here and in the 110 chronicle tomorrow.

Anselth

Pics from this week:

IMG_6387JPG.jpg

IMG_6388JPG.jpg

IMG_6389JPG.jpg

IMG_6390JPG.jpg

IMG_6391JPG.jpg

IMG_6392JPG.jpg

IMG_6393JPG.jpg

IMG_6394JPG.jpg

IMG_6395JPG.jpg

IMG_6396JPG-1.jpg

Anselth

I actually cleaned up the front a bit today, picked up a number of the caulastrea frage that have gotten knocked down and placed them back in the rockwork.

hma

Just stopping by Adam .... looking good. What kind of SPS is the little "blue" Adam (first pic)?

Anselth

Heinz, that's a Montipora digitata. It was the free frag I got when I signed up with PEA. it's put on somewhere between 1 and 2 mm of growth since I got it. It's also turned a very deep shade of purple since then.

hma

Heinz, that's a Montipora digitata. It was the free frag I got when I signed up with PEA. it's put on somewhere between 1 and 2 mm of growth since I got it. It's also turned a very deep shade of purple since then.

Ahhhh a Montipora, my favorite SPS .... the colour is simply wonderful, very rare to find in Europe. Congrats Adam , a wonderful addition. btw ... i got a frag in deep red last week :biker .....

Anselth

They're my favorite SPS too. I think I have four different colonies in this tank and 3 more in my 110. Sorry to hear they're hard to get in Germany. Any reason why?

Anselth

So I haven't updated much, just haven't been spending as much time on line as I usually do. We lost Gwen, the sea hare, a few weeks ago. She was definitely a beloved member of our tank who always cheered us up. How can a sea slug cheer you up, you ask? Just look:

IMG_4662JPG.jpg

IMG_4665JPG.jpg

IMG_4684JPG.jpg

Image004-1.jpg

Image005-1.jpg

IMG_4142JPG.jpg

I mean, just look at her mugging for the camera...

hma

They're my favorite SPS too. I think I have four different colonies in this tank and 3 more in my 110. Sorry to hear they're hard to get in Germany. Any reason why?

However, I do not know the reason, unfortunately,one finds them almost exclusively with privately people, almost never in trade. It is quite strange.....