My 110 Gallon Build

Anselth

Well, the new guy is definitely not shy about eating, the shots are a little blurry, but here we are:

And a bonus pic of my peppermint shrimp:

Last edited:

lcstorc

Awesome news. This club keeps growing and growing with a lot more success stories lately.
That is the only way I decided to get another though I am still nervous about that one.

Anselth

He's very fun to watch, although it seems I got a lazy one. He's not building at all, he found a small tunnel network in the rocks and is using that for his home :)

Anselth

The pic is a bit dark, but it shows the result of my re-scaping:

And of course, a few more of the new little guy. He's much more outgoing than any BS I've seen at an LFS.

Anselth

So, I didn't mention (mostly because I didn't have proof), that along with Hadrian on Saturday, I also recieved an Assessor flavissimus (Yellow or Gold Assessor) from Liveaquaria on the same day. He was very active in the bag, and I acclimated him and released him to the display, where he promptly went into hiding for several days. He was out and about yesterday when I woke up, but was hiding again when I got home. He probably hasn't adjusted to the lights yet. Anyhow, he was out again this morning, and I snapped a few pictures before heading in to work:

IMG_6291JPG.jpg

IMG_6292JPG.jpg

Both ate like pigs this morning. Hadrian's home is pretty much front center in the tank, and he will cruise all the way out to either side to nab food.

shale

I actually had no idea there was a second fish in that tank until this morning. I guess he likes to be up and about in the pre-dawn light while the rest of the world is sleeping. (Except for crew teams, I suppose). Crazy early riser. :} He’s a nice little fish though. Hopefully he’ll finish settling in soon and be out and about a bit more.

Anselth

Didn't takeher long to adjust to the lights. She was out in the Metal Halides all last evening. She's eating well as well, all good signs. :)

framerguy

Oh Man, I want an Assessor badly and got on DFS's email notice. Well, I got the notice and I am between tanks and had nowhere to put it. I'm glad you got my fish! Congrats, they are one of the ultimate reef fish IMO.

Anselth

Thanks Greg. Yeah, neat little fish. More active than our Royal Gramma, but more shy as well. She comes out from time to time during the "day," but is mostly out only during the dawn/dusk timeframes.

Anselth

It's been a while, some updated shots. I apologize for the lack of clarity, I need to clean the glass...

Interesting to note, the only coral that I've purchased for this tank is the red mushroom. Everything else is either a frag or refugee from the 70. I've fragged a few of my zoo colonies, as well as my caulastrea (by accident) and GSPs. The bubble and two montis came from the 70 as full colonies to make some room.

framerguy

Nice shots. I'm afraid my tank population will be similar to yours in the fact that it's all going to be from my 75g for quite some time.

shale

Here are a couple of photos I took of the fish last week. Well, the wrasse and the assesor, anyway. The pictures of the bsjf came out blurry. clickable thumbnails!

here's Faye, being pretty

And this is Julio, chillin out above the monti

I'll bug Adam to post a fts now that the corals have been added. Oh, yeah, Adam got a bunch of corals last weekend from Pacific East. :) -poke poke- Adam, tell the nice people about your new corals.

Anselth

Sorry, I'm bad about keeping these up to date. As Sarah said, I ordered a frag pack from PEA (3 acro, 3 zoos, and 6 hard corals), along with a torch, a pavona, and a chalice. All are doing pretty well.

IMG_6366JPG.jpg

IMG_6367JPG.jpg

IMG_6368JPG.jpg

IMG_6371JPG.jpg

IMG_6373JPG.jpg

IMG_6374JPG.jpg

IMG_6375JPG.jpg

IMG_6376JPG.jpg

IMG_6377JPG.jpg

IMG_6378JPG.jpg

IMG_6379JPG.jpg

IMG_6380JPG.jpg

IMG_6381JPG.jpg

IMG_6382JPG.jpg

Anselth

Thanks Craig...I was really trying to do some "different" fish when I worked up the stocking list for this tank.

Here are some more photos, taken today:
IMG_6397JPG.jpg

IMG_6398JPG.jpg

IMG_6399JPG.jpg

IMG_6400JPG.jpg

IMG_6401JPG.jpg

IMG_6402JPG.jpg

IMG_6403JPG.jpg

IMG_6404JPG.jpg

IMG_6406JPG.jpg

IMG_6407JPG.jpg

IMG_6408JPG.jpg