Recent content by quicklynx

1. Q

Holy Heck! (i ment fish )

A little off topic, but it says you're from Hagerstown and your name is Driftbuddy. My brother lives in Hagerstown and does drifitng. He's owned a couple of 240's. Wasn't sure if maybe you're one of his friends. I'm located in Frederick and have a 05 GTO. I'm not much of a drifting fan, but I...
  2. Q

hardy fish and coral for a 55

Make sure the foxface is specifically the One Spot Foxface. All the others need much larger aquariums, 90 gallon plus, if I recall.
  3. Q

maintaining a FOWLR 500g+

Build an algae screen or trough system.
  4. Q

Big Dollar Fish

Soapfish are so boring though!
  5. Q

just getting started

I lost $300 in fish because I didn't quarantine a $3 Domino Damsel from PETCO! Keep that in mind! As for a tank. CRAIGSLIST!!! I always see 10 gallon tanks for $10 or even free. A lot of time you can find 20-55 gallons for next to nothing as well. PETCO and PetsMart tanks are pretty cheap...
  6. Q

quick question

Thanks for the clarification!! You are right about the basketball sized coral, but I'm just picturing in my head this Sun Coral I saw in a LFS tank that was as big as a basketball. It did look pretty awesome. If I wanted a sun coral, luckily, I wouldn't even need to worry about light really.
  7. Q

quick question

That's what I've been hearing. Growth is important to me. I want massive basketball sized corals!!!
  8. Q

If your tank cost an arm and a leg, maybe it can give them back

Merman!!! Zoolander (3/10) Movie CLIP - You're Dead to Me (2001) HD - YouTube
  9. Q

Maracyn 2 for saltwater fish availability

So happy to hear. It's like $20 cheaper too....
  10. Q

brown button palys and aiptasia removal

Are brown button polyps considered pest coral? I had some in my tank and they flourished no matter what the conditions.
  11. Q

Tooooo salty. Will it be ok until tomorrow?

Have any filtered water in your fridge?
  12. Q

Please help me ID these two things

I was going to say. it kind of looks like the Flame Algae.
  13. Q

quick question

Right now it's 2 white and 2 blues. I thought the blues were mainly for aesthetics and coralline? I thought the whites were more important for growth. Good to know. Unless I have some spare change lying around I won't think I need to upgrade since it seems like T5s and LEDs have minor differences.
  14. Q

quick question

It's made by Solarmax. High Output 48" fixture with LED moon lights.