Please help me ID these two things

ashleym711

ok the first is this red leafy like plant it started out small and now is growing larger. i think it looks pretty because its a bright colorful red, but i have no idea what it is or if it will harm my tank.
003-1.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

009.jpg

ok this second thing looks like tiny sticks sticking out of my rock but when i looked closer i noticed little tentacles. i asked the guy at my lfs and he said it sounded like aiptasia. i just want to get a second opinion from all of you. sorry the pictures are a little crappy and you cant see the tentacles really. it seems as though they went inside of the stalk thing maybe.
014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

thank you so much for all of your help i greatly appreciate it :)

yankieman

Id say the little tubes are small feather dusters , a good thing,, and the red leafy thing is a red kelp or a red macro algea , again a good thing and if you have a tang would be gone real fast ,,, thats my guess,,,, hopefully someone elce will chime in here ,,,

ashleym711

that might be it al. thats the closest looking thing to it on there. and thanks for the website :) it helped me id another snail i have :)
and thanks yankieman when i was googling the red stuff there where sites that said it might be red kelp but i wasent sure.

fishguy4

2nd thing is just a tube worm, harmless and cool

1st thing is a red algae or kelp, and if its for sale i would like to buy it. I have been looking for an algae f this color for a long time now! pm me if it for sale. Thanks!

quicklynx

2nd thing is just a tube worm, harmless and cool

1st thing is a red algae or kelp, and if its for sale i would like to buy it. I have been looking for an algae f this color for a long time now! pm me if it for sale. Thanks!

I was going to say. it kind of looks like the Flame Algae.

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
N PS. They will break the skin when u grab rock. They r sharp. Also leaves a sore for a few weeks where it breaks the skin. Just sayin.

........what, me worry?

Just a thought. If what you see are a single long tentacle that has, on close inspection, smaller little bumps it is probably a hydroid. In and of themselves they are not evil but they can irritate some corals.

First pics are flame algae and I believe somebody was looking for some in another post.

ashleym711

im sorry i wasent looking to sell it. i love the color and how it looks i just wanted to make sure it was ok for my tank and wouldnt harm anything. after looking at more pictures i have to agree i think its the flame algae.

the little tube things seem to have several little tentacles but i cant get a good picture of them. im going to take the rock to my lfs just so the guy can see it up close and give me an opinion on it, because i cant really tell. it sorta looks like the colonial hydroids but im not 100%.

i wanna thank everyone of you for your help i really really appreciate it :)

tektite

The second looks a lot more like hydroids than feather dusters or vermetid snails. The first one is a type of macroalgae, my guess would be a type of Kallymenia from its spots, or Halymenia (flame algae) like others suggested. Beautiful macro either way!