Big Dollar Fish

Moana

I just saw a "Dr Seuss Soapfish (Belonoperca pylei)" for sale on a website I check at often. This fish was priced at $5,999.99. I think this has got to be the most expensive saltwater fish I have ever seen. Anyone seen anything more than this? It's a nice looking fish, but little too much for me.

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
I once paid 325,000 for an ex wife. Somethings fishy.

........cutting n glueing living things to stuff. who'd have thought

sk8rdn

dmatt88 said:
I once paid 325,000 for an ex wife. Somethings fishy.

You got off easy... Unless you had to sell your soul to pay her...

....Salt Changes Everything....

sk8rdn

dmatt88 said:
Whattup William.

Oh, been a busy few days... :D

sk8rdn

dmatt88 said:
Just 2. ?

Amateur. Hahaha :D

Wife's two days off, the "honey do" list gets very loaded...

DaveK

I just saw a "Dr Seuss Soapfish (Belonoperca pylei)" for sale on a website I check at often. This fish was priced at $5,999.99. I think this has got to be the most expensive saltwater fish I have ever seen. Anyone seen anything more than this? It's a nice looking fish, but little too much for me.

For anyone interested, here's a link (offsite) - Drs. Foster and Smith Diver's Den® - Belonoperca pylei

Now you do have to keep one thing in mind with these extremely high priced fish. They do their job for the store by having people post about it. Then others to visit the site, and hopefully buy lots of other stuff. Very few, if any, people are going to put don that sort of money for a fish.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
pretty fish

Minimum Tank Size: 30 gallons
Care Level: Easy
Temperament: Peaceful
Reef Compatible: Yes

Dr-Seuss-Soapfish-Belonoperca-pylei.jpg

I am sure some can afford them... even if they sell just a few, when we vacation in Ft. Lauderdale, I am always amazed in all the million dollar yachts - thousands of them... sure many of their owners have sw tanks. Read this about one... fuel tank holds 197 000 gallons and just to fill it once takes about 1.4 million dollars. For that you will get 15 days of cruising until you need to refuel