Recent content by Pulker

1. P

Powerheads

Looking for quick opinion on the Vortech power heads for reliability. Thumbs up or thumbs down. First 10 respondees make up my mind for me LOL.
  2. P

trying to pick a sump

I think working with the Lifereef guy is a good option if you have the extra money.
  3. P

Power Outage

I bought a 1.75 kw generator from home depot for 400 bucks. I ran a 110v plug from the outside next to my tank. It is light enough that I can just manage to lift it outside when I need to. My concern was the loss of heat in a cold northeast blizzard. It can run for 12 hours continuous. With...
  4. P

Which brand of SALT do you use???

I use Morton's. It is pre-iodiized and comes in a convenient round container.:apint:
  5. P

Newbie Needing Advie On Whitespot

I think a hospital tank is the way to go. Be careful to match the alk, salinity etc. You will need to water change more frequently since you don't have any beneficial bacteria to suck up the poop.
  6. P

hi eveeryone

Hi and welcome. I am going on 1.5 years now. I love it but it sure ain't cheap. I just got my first anenome (which has since split). It came with a pair of true percula clowns.
  7. P

Aquatic Auctions LOL

I guess so. It just seems shady. Maybe because I don't like to spend that much money.
  8. P

Aquatic Auctions LOL

Aquatic auctions makes me laugh. The same person runs on the bid up on himself from 133 to 220 dollars. Right!
  9. P

help please on Cyano

And manual removal if you can.
  10. P

Some unwelcome guests

Yes, a lot of manual removal is what's required. If you can get the hair algae short enough some big turbo snails can keep it trimmed (If ammonia, nitrites are ok). I found if the algae was two hairy the turbos did not want it.
  11. P

Ack, what a miserable week

Ok Update to the death cycle. Clownfish 1 leaped out to his death in week 1. Then the hawkfish was killled by getting clamped on by a snail retracting in his shell in week 2 (The snail survived btw). Then clownfish 2 leaped out in week 3 (depression I suspect). This after never losing...
  12. P

Actinics for sale.

Hi. Finally replacing my lights in my Aqualight Pro. My tanks now over a year old. I bought part number 54085 which has 4 straight pins instead of 54086 which has the square pin configuration. The vendor won't take 'em back. Listed for 25 each but you can have em for $25 total for both...
  13. P

Ack, what a miserable week

After a year of things going very well..... Early in the week one of my clownfish (my first fish purchases) went hardwood floor surfing. I had just about got over it when tonight's disaster happened. My flame hawkfish apparently tried for a turbo snail, the snail retracted into it's shell...
  14. P

SOUTHERN CALI Reefers!!!

I'm from east coast but had sushi at what my friend told me was the best place in Orange county. Can't remember the name duh!
  15. P

Climate Change Could Displace Millions In Asia's Coral Triangle

Sadly, everytime I read CLIMATE CHANGE as a headline I cannot stomach to read the rest of the article as this is how the supermarket tabloids operate. There is probably a short sentence in there on pollution or overfishing.