Recent content by Noah

1. Noah

Ummmm, really?

First things first, before I state the real reason of this post. Does cured live sand exist? My LFS has a giant tub of nothing but sand and water. Is that simply cured live sand? Now to the meat. Was talking with a friend of mine who is also contemplating starting up a SW tank and she...
  2. Noah

Let there be Order!

That's exactly what I'm lookin for. Just a brief and simple run down of the order in which you do things. Thanks :)
  3. Noah

Noah's Very Slow 30g

No sump. Just goin with the HOB protein skimmer and LR. I'm definitely going with a majority of invertebrates for my reef. The fish are ok, but its the crabs, slugs, starfish, urchins, etc., that tickle my fancy. I also wasn't going to do much rockscaping... but then I made the mistake of...
  4. Noah

Thank you

Welcome!
  5. Noah

Noah's Very Slow 30g

Just wanted to get my entry started. The process is going to be quite drawn out, as I'm progressing when funds allow it. But here's the start of it all.
  6. Noah

Let there be Order!

Hey everyone, just curious as to what your order of process is when beginning a new tank. I've read and read and read, and consulted with owners of my LFS, and read some more. So I'm pretty set on how to go about it. However, I'd be interested on hearing how you go about setting up your...
  7. Before

Before

Just picked up the tank, cleaned it and brought it inside. This is where my masterpiece begins.
  8. Noah

Want some company?

Well... I have a 30g tank to store your stuff in. You know, just for the move. Yea...the move. ;) And thanks Carmexx. I already want it to be bigger just from looking at some of the tanks on these threads, and I haven't even started yet!
  9. Noah

Lighting Options

Knew there was a reason they kept you around. Thanks ;)
  10. Noah

Want some company?

Nice tank btw Wake. The colors are vibrant and look amazing.
  11. Noah

Lighting Options

Odyssea 36" deluxe black quad (39 x 4) high output T5 156 watt lighting fixture. Is this a dependable set up for a 30g reef tank? Never heard much from Odyssea, so looking for opinions.
  12. Noah

Want some company?

Haha, will do. It's going to be a long and slow process, with a lot of questions. Thank you everyone for the warm welcome.
  13. Noah

Want some company?

Hello everyone. Nice to finally say 'hi'. I've read enough of your posts, and looked at enough of your tanks, that I thought I'd finally introduce myself. Rather than just lurking in the shadows. Been interested in this hobby for some time now, but life just never gave me the opportunity...