Recent content by Melissa

1. Melissa

Glueing acrylic to glass

I used both Marine Goop and Household Goop...They both work miracles. I have also used the aquarium silicone....It sucks.
  2. Melissa

My first coral

Goodness this thing is growing like a weed!!!. I think that there are nine shrooms on the rock. The areas that were not covered last week are almost completly covered!!! They are running out of room. Oh another note...some of the mushrooms (2 of the actually) are closed up in the morning...
  3. Melissa

Heres my plan Part 2

I ordered online from Reefer Rocks and they were great. I would definately recommend them. I also ordered base rock from them. As of right now...everything in the tank has coraline all over it. It's a very pretty purple color too. Check out my coral pic, in the background is all my Reefer...
  4. Melissa

My first coral

reefsurf - I started my tank back in August, and if I was like you I probably would have had a coral A LOT sooner. Continue your research, and your first coral isnt that far away. Good Luck. NaH2O, Thanks for the info, I was just dumping it right back it. I'm not going to do that again!!
  5. Melissa

My first coral

Thanks for all the replies!! It's so pretty, and I'm sooo happy. I have them about mid tank right now, under 440 Watts of VHO. Should I go lower. It seems really happy tonight. It's opened a lot. And I thought it was looking good yesterday. I got it from Clayton Pet. They had a...
  6. Melissa

My first coral

The guy at the LFS sold me some PhytoPlex, and said to give it a half of a cap full about 2 times a week. Does this sound right? Thanks!!
  7. Melissa

My first coral

Today I took the plunge and finally purchased my first coral. I was looking at the mushroom rocks. And I got one. But the 'mushrooms' dont really look like the normal looking ones. Does anyone know what kind of mushroom this is? It opened up real nicely after about a half hour.
  8. Melissa

new wave maker ;)

How does that work. I mean where in the tank does it go? Would you just have 8 pipes at 8 different locations in the tank. It looks awesome BTW.
  9. Melissa

Hair algae

This is just a thought... A few months ago I had a terrible hair algae problem just in my sump, where the fuge was located. I had a three in sand bed in the fuge. I didn't have the problem in the main tank where I have a one inch aragonite bed. But I figured it was because I had a yellow...
  10. Melissa

Several different experiences.

Thanks! Now I just hope that everything works out!!
  11. Melissa

Refugium DIY Help Please

Last but not least, the full tank shot. My new lights were not yet installed when I took that pic. That's Jimmy and my one and only little fish Nemo. And my pathetic tank. No corals. Nothing. But I did not have a skimmer, and I didn't have RO/DI water, the UV sterilizer is new too!! I...
  12. Melissa

Refugium DIY Help Please

Here's what I did... The baffles on the skimmer side are 6 inches tall made out of acrylic, on the fuge side they are 8". I put a 3/4" piece of acrylic in between all the baffles to hold them in place, using Weld-On #4. I glued them to the 20 Gallon Long aquarium using Marine Goop. The...
  13. Melissa

Refugium DIY Help Please

View from the top.
  14. Melissa

Refugium DIY Help Please

Skimmer side.
  15. Melissa

Refugium DIY Help Please

Close up from the front.