My first coral

reefsurf

i can't wait to buy my 1st coral! looks great..............btw...i've yet to buy my tank, rock, coral, anything! haha im just reading about the hobby now:D

NaH2O

Contributing Member
Welcome to RS, reefsurf!!!

Melissa, as far as soaking goes...soaking in RO/DI for about 1 hour will aid in removing phosphates from food. You will want to drain off the water and discard...you don't want to add the nasties back to the tank.

reefsurf

can't wait to buy my 1st coral! looks great..............btw...i've yet to buy my tank, rock, coral, anything! haha im just reading about the hobby now

Craig Manoukian

Keep in touch reefsurf! Post all your questios and we'll help out the best we can. Plan, plan plan! Sounds like your on the right track!

Welcome, welcome, welcome!

:) :D :cool: ;) :p :smirk:

Melissa

reefsurf -

I started my tank back in August, and if I was like you I probably would have had a coral A LOT sooner. Continue your research, and your first coral isnt that far away. Good Luck.

NaH2O, Thanks for the info, I was just dumping it right back it. I'm not going to do that again!!

mick77

Nice lookin shrooms! Believe me, they will take off on you. I started with only three almost a year ago, and at last count I have 30+! I've never directly fed mine, and they seem to be doing fine. Be careful with the flake food not to over feed. I've done this before and it resulted in a huge phosphate spike. It's taken me forever to get rid of, so I'd hate to see you have to go through the same thing. Good luck!:turntable :turntable :turntable

Melissa

Goodness this thing is growing like a weed!!!. I think that there are nine shrooms on the rock. The areas that were not covered last week are almost completly covered!!! They are running out of room.

Oh another note...some of the mushrooms (2 of the actually) are closed up in the morning and it is about an hour before they are fully opened again. Is this normal?? I was wondering because only two of them do it.

Craig Manoukian

Chill, mushrooms are way togh and will close frome time to time, especially if they snag some food. Could be a pod snack early in the mornin' Melissa, eh?:D Glad your having fun with them!

:) :D :cool: ;) :p :smirk: :columbo:

mick77

Yeah, like Craig said don't freak out. All of mine are closed in the morning and don't fully open up until the lights have been on for a little while. Good luck with them, I'm sure you'll love them

Gina

RS STAFF
Mine will close up also but, don't do it all the time. They do shrink up a little when the lights go off. We do target feed ours about 2 times a week. Only becuase we feel it's not fair to target feed some of the others and not them.

Willmsbrg

Melissa,

Great looking shrooms.. I can't wait to add coral to My tank.. The hairy ones do look great...Hope I can find some as nice as that one... Good luck with it... :)