new wave maker ;)

TDEVIL

not sure if you have seen this or not, http://www.oceansmotions.com/ has a new style wavemaker, i dont have one yet but wife willing i will

the prices are:
8-way $379.00
4-way $199.00
revolution $29.00, this is cool, competion with the SCWD, sorta

TD

Melissa

How does that work. I mean where in the tank does it go? Would you just have 8 pipes at 8 different locations in the tank. It looks awesome BTW.

TDEVIL

Originally posted by Melissa
How does that work. I mean where in the tank does it go? Would you just have 8 pipes at 8 different locations in the tank. It looks awesome BTW.

yes, 8 pipes in 8 different locations, or 4 pipes in 4 diff locations if you got the 4 port version

and the revolution is like the sea swirls, but only $29:)

TD

addict

I wonder why there's such a jump between the 'economy' version and the next version up?

Otherwise, it looks pretty cool... that thing sure moves a lot of water in the video. :columbo:

Wish I had seen this before designing my tank... might have integrated it somehow.

P.S. One other little thing I noticed, is they mention that they designed this to get rid of those 'ugly' powerheads in your tank... then they talk about their revolutionary new 'revolution' device which looks like... a powerhead! :D
I'd be afraid to run one of those revolutions too close to the side of the tank... looks like it pushes water pretty far up the side when it's turned that direction.

Last edited:

Gina

RS STAFF
Looks really nice. I wonder how it would do in a 46g tank? Personally, I kinda thought that it might be too much for my tank. Just curious, does anyone have a smaller tank with a wavemaker on it? How does it do for you?

Brucey

Yeah good find TD .... I'll be going for closed loop in my next system (2-3 years yet) and this sort of thing would be superb ...... espicailly shifting that volume of water
Brucey

wooddood

the wood dude
mkpaulson had a thread on the same thing yesterday.looks like an awesome device though.i would like to hear from someone thats running one though.

TDEVIL

Originally posted by wooddood
mkpaulson had a thread on the same thing yesterday.looks like an awesome device though.i would like to hear from someone thats running one though.

i know about mkpaulson's thread, i guess he didnt see this one, i wander if a mod can combine the 2

and i agree, i would also like to see it used in a reef tank, but it is promising and i like the way it gradually switches to the next pipe instead of just shutting off one to go to the next;)

LOL, Nautilus

TD