Glueing acrylic to glass

jks1

I know I saw a thread on this but couldnt find it. I need to install some acrylic baffles into a 75g glass tank to convert it to a sump. I though I remembered someone recommending marine goop, but not sure. Any ideas?

I think Im going to borrow Pro_builders sump plan:

addict

I used aquarium silicone on my current sump to attach my acrylic baffles to a 10g glass tank.
Works like a charm.

Just make sure to cut the acrylic about 1/16" smaller than the width of what you need so that you can work the silicone in between the panel edge and the glass.
I taped my panels in place with duct tape then did the siliconing and let it dry... haven't had a single problem doing it this way.
HTH.

dwall174

Originally posted by jks1
I though I remembered someone recommending marine goop, but not sure. Any ideas?

Yea Marine Goop works great for acrylic to glass I have used it many times! It seems to work better as a contact adhesive than a sealer because it is not as thick as silicone & will run or drip if not on a flat level surface. For baffles as long as they are all straight cuts I would just use glass & silicone, Home Depot usually has a glass cutting station & they don’t normally charge for regular cuts!

Melissa

I used both Marine Goop and Household Goop...They both work miracles.

I have also used the aquarium silicone....It sucks.

addict

Melissa,
What problems were you having with the aquarium silicone?
It worked great for me so I was just curious...