Recent content by matthew11

1. matthew11

Emergency!!!

hahaha thankyou! lol the lights look amazing! just waiting on the anti-red to do its part still
  2. matthew11

Emergency!!!

Thanks! good news is the lights and hood were both fine! my friend and i disassembled the hood and found a few of the sockets where the lights connected to weren't sitting correctly which may have messed with the wiring. once we got the sockets back into place we re-connected the lights and all...
  3. matthew11

Emergency!!!

ahh alrightyy, thanks for the tip. I have replaced lights before and all seemed ok but mayb its the hood. will hopefully find out soon enough! haha me too. fingers crossed*
  4. matthew11

Emergency!!!

Hi Everyone, Thank you for the responses! I have a friend coming over within the next hour hopefully to help me with this problem but I think its an electrical issue. I have placed both the Red Sea lights and the KZ lights in multiple times and still no response. It does seem strange how it...
  5. matthew11

Emergency!!!

My new 39W T5 Fluorescent Tubes - KorallenZucht arrived tonite and i installed them yet all the bulbs are just flashing randomly....now the fans on the hood has stopped working too! i went back to the original Red Sea Max tubes but they are flashing too! could it possibly b a connection...
  6. matthew11

Lethals RSM 250

Yes I agree, sometimes what i find is people sell marine but you just wouldn't risk buying it from them. So far Reflections is the best option i reckon but yeh its far away for me too. haha I haven't tried any online suppliers, with the cost of the livestock + the shipping im not to game either...
  7. matthew11

Matts New RSM 250!!

Thanks everyone, I know Lethal I really love my toadstool no matter what happens to the tank they always seem to survive...ive had him for about 3 years now and all he does is get bigger and bigger - he was the reason for me getting the bigger tank! Thanks, I really like dory too, ive been...
  8. matthew11

Matts New RSM 250!!

Hi again, Sorry everyone for not getting back, once uni started i kind of fall off the map. But semester is nearly over now so hopefully will be able to contribute a bit more to the forum :) I thought everyones helped me out alot with different advice such as the ammonia spike...which has...
  9. matthew11

Lethals RSM 250

Hi Lethal, your tank thread is a good read :) Good to see another aussie haha, I live in Melbourne, Vic. I too visit reeflections aquarium quite a lot to when im on holidays, do you have any other preferred LFS's?
  10. matthew11

T5 Lighting combinations...

ahh ok sounds good!, i've heard the KZ T5's are very good. Do you have any pics of ur red sea max? is the tank still bright with the blue lighting or is it a little bit darker? I just visited the site im buying them off and they only sell these types of KZ lighting - Korallenzucht T5 Coral Light...
  11. matthew11

Reggie's 120g Stony Reef

Love the rockwork, looks a really nice setup!!
  12. matthew11

T5 Lighting combinations...

Hey everyone, I need to upgrade my current Red Sea Max 250 lighting and was interested in trying something new. ive been researching a lot and have been wondering what lighting is sufficient for keeping my SPS corals? I could give you some colour combinations of what ive been looking at but its...
  13. matthew11

Which vortech pump for my RSM250

Haha awesome! ok I will get a MP10 today, hopefully it will arrive in the mail soon. apparently they 'can' vibrate quite loudly...but from what ive seen its just a matter of wiggling the magnet into alignment.
  14. matthew11

awesome, i think i will go ahead and buy the mp10. they look such amazing pumps and add so much more flow to the tank. hopefully replacing the t5's + MP10 + installation of phosphate reactor + water changes will eradicate all my nuisance algae :( but im looking forward to the mp10 :)
  15. matthew11

Hi Everyone, been looking at vortech for a while now and finally think its time to get one as the rsm pumps im finding are leaving dead spots in my tank which is making my cyano bacteria problem worse. Ive been looking at the vortech mp10 mainly because its half price of the mp40, and was...