Emergency!!!

matthew11

My new 39W T5 Fluorescent Tubes - KorallenZucht arrived tonite and i installed them yet all the bulbs are just flashing randomly....now the fans on the hood has stopped working too! i went back to the original Red Sea Max tubes but they are flashing too! could it possibly b a connection problem??
I bought the T5's from the US because aus doesnt sell the ones i wanted, could the different power affect the lighting?? any suggestions would help thanks because atm none of my T5 lights are working....

AJK

Hi Matthew,
If you tried two different types tubes, and both produce same problem, then you have a malfunctioning light fixture :) Contact manufacturer or place of purchase, for assistance/replacement, if within warranty.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Be sure that the bulbs are properly inserted. If they are it sounds like a hood problem, but strange it would start after replacing the bulbs.

If you need to contact Red Sea:

Australia

Local Distributor/s

Pet Pacific Pty. Ltd.
Emu Plains 2750 ,T: +61 2 47286000 F: +61 2 47
46 David Rd
petpacific@petpacific.com.au

---------------

Regional Office

Asia Pacific Office
Sydney, Australia
Paul Besant
paulb@redseafish.com

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
if your ballasts are Aus wired the output to bulbs will be standard and not an issue, sounds like a connection harness to ballast or internal, with salt and condensation you could have a short inside the unit, if you can open it up and have a look ? (unplug first lol)

matthew11

Hi Everyone, Thank you for the responses! I have a friend coming over within the next hour hopefully to help me with this problem but I think its an electrical issue. I have placed both the Red Sea lights and the KZ lights in multiple times and still no response. It does seem strange how it started to happen straight after changing the lights over...doesn't make sense. either way i need to move quite fast. I will call Red Sea Pacific asap, Thanks for the info too :) If it is a hood issue Red Sea will have to send one out asap because i don't want any of my corals to die! at least the cyano bacteria will suffer. every time i try to make the tank better it always gets worse. Thanks for all your info, I will have this thread open while working on the hood but will let u know what happens. :)

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Not so strange really, twisting the bulbs out can disturb things and new bulbs seem to take a while to burn in, leading to more heat etc, hope its something easy

matthew11

ahh alrightyy, thanks for the tip. I have replaced lights before and all seemed ok but mayb its the hood. will hopefully find out soon enough! haha me too. fingers crossed*

matthew11

Thanks! good news is the lights and hood were both fine! my friend and i disassembled the hood and found a few of the sockets where the lights connected to weren't sitting correctly which may have messed with the wiring. once we got the sockets back into place we re-connected the lights and all was ok! :) I would show you a pic but im treating with anti-red atm so probs not the best time :p will hopefully have the vortech arrive in the mail this week. so hopefully by this time next week i can begin adding some more coral and fish again! Thanks for your help everyone will let you know how everything goes :)