Recent content by Gfoot2000

1. G

what else should i do if i don't have an algae problem?

so my lights are one 10 hrs a day and i get absolutely no algae, i clean the glass maybe around every 2 weeks but even at 2 weeks its only a hint of green on the glass, I'm assuming my nitrate and phosphate is 0. so i don't test for those, water changes is a lazy 5 gallon change for a 60gallon...
  2. G

pod hunting at the beach

its your tank inhabitants i would be worried about, you can introduce bad temperate water things that your tropical fish aren't immune to
  3. G

where to place my corals

so zoos that are the color blue are hard to keep?
  4. G

where to place my corals

color blue zoos? or the name of the zoo is blue?
  5. G

where to place my corals

what do you mean by blues? like no light?
  6. G

where to place my corals

so i bought some frag packs today that consist of zoos, acan, xenia, and a torch i have a 60cube, i have 2 powerheads in the back one on the left and one on the right both blowing forward, my light is 4x t5s 2white2act. and a ecoxotic par38 spotlighting on my sps im not exactly sure where...
  7. G

1 micron pre filter for fowlr?

so i just acquired a 60g cube, and I'm planning on filling up the tank soon, and i was thinking instead of waiting a little less then 24 hours (75g/day) from my rodi unit, i could just throw the waste water into the tank also, is a 1 micron pre filter good enough for a fowlr?
  8. G

Addiing Sand To Established Tank?

I've completely taken out my substrate and added new ones with nothing happening, probably cuz I have a lot of rocks in my dt and sump to carry plenty of bacteria
  9. G

Can't keep macroalgae alive!

i have a 6500 23w cfl with the clamp fixture from lowes and it works well, chaeto going crazy, before that i used a 6500k 36w pc and my cheato were dying too,
  10. G

how do i control pods in 5g pico

so i currently have a 5g pico thats been running for 2 month with 2 trochus snails and 2 zoos and 2 sps, im tank is is crawling with copepods, isopods(arent harmful, just makes my zoos close once in awhile when they crawl on it) and amphipods that i dont mind cuz i rarely see them. so my...
  11. G

ecoxotic par38, has anyone tried them?

Ya its actually for my 5g pico
  12. G

ecoxotic par38, has anyone tried them?

so im thinking of getting the 20k 3b/2w bulb and i was wondering if anyone has any ups or downs about the lamps, im getting it mainly cuz its 21watts
  13. G

bristleworm in a pico tank

so i bought a live rock today for my 5gallon tank im setting up and i can already see 2 bristlewroms on it, i know bristle worms can get to a foot long but i doubt itll grow that big in a pico but should i leave it in the rock or should i remove them concerning their potential size in a 5 gallon...
  14. G

Orange Shoulder has a BIG issue

i must admit i didnt read your suggestion to agnak b4 i commented.
  15. G

Orange Shoulder has a BIG issue

Leebca, my post was a question within the comment and I was always waiting for an answer also, I did not make any suggestions or advice, adding epson salt in fw is a fact but I didn't not aldd any information on sw besides saying I dunno about it, There are a lot of controversy on this site...