Recent content by FishTaleZ

1. FishTaleZ

Returning after 7 years...

Welcome back!! And will be following your post!
  2. FishTaleZ

VorTech MP10 ES - bday present

Hi all I received a fantastic bday gift from my husband who was attentive to my amazon wish list. I set the powerhead up and love the way it pulsates the water. I have a 24g and now have to rearrange Everything as it has blown everything around!!! No joke I do love it but wish I had this...
  3. FishTaleZ

Tidal Gardens

I have ordered and was extremely pleased with my order. No doubt that I will be doing business again.
  4. FishTaleZ

What is up with this guy?

The bugger was a long tenticle purple tip anenome. His normal size was a third of what I caught in the photos. I'm glad he's gone and I am working on other things with my tank and hope to post pics within a month. It was enough for me to lose one good size fish, so I'm sure he found a new...
  5. FishTaleZ

Update: I happily donated the anemone back to the LFS! I picked up another goby but this time a white sleeper goby, a lawnmower blenny (Dr. Suess), a trumpet coral and a small xenia. So good bye anemone, I have no regrets. He is a spectacular specimen and I'm sure someone will take care of him!
  6. FishTaleZ

quick question about adding my new fish

My anenome grabbed my goby last night and spit some of him out. My cuc went to work and there are a couple of bones left this morning. Grossed me out, but this sea life. "to the victor belong the spoils".
  7. FishTaleZ

DianaKay - you are correct as he's going back to the LFS as a donation this weekend. Friendly fire - seriously consider not getting one as the more I am reading the buggers are so much trouble. This was such a surprise as everything in my tank has been working out so well. I am sooooo glad...
  8. FishTaleZ

Looks like he's feeding himself as he grabbed my Goby! Whaaaaaa!
  9. FishTaleZ

Thanks for the advice all. He's been real good and happy in the same spot that he found in the tank since day one. He shrivels up into a ball every other day. Then tonight he like quadrupled in size! Almost frightening. I target feed him twice a week with mysis shrimp or OMGGGGGGG I just...
  10. FishTaleZ

What is up with this guy? HE ATE MY GOBY!! This afternoon my anenome is reaching for the stars!:stars: What is up with him? Tank readings as of yesterday: Temp 77.6 Nitrates, Nitrites, Ammonia = 0 pH 7.8 Alk 8.2 Salinity 1.025 Ca 440 Mg 1440 Any thoughts? He has been happy in...
  11. FishTaleZ

FishTaleZ New JBJ 24g Nano adventure

It's been about a month since my last pic, so here is a new one taken today. I added a couple more zoas and chalices. I feel that I have plenty and will just let everything mature. I do have a golden head sleeper goby that is too shy for pictures, so I may be able to capture him one day with...
  12. FishTaleZ

Hello there

Welcome James! You'll find a lot of friendly support on this site. Don't be afraid to ask questions, as we all learn from each other!
  13. FishTaleZ

August TOTM!

:drooool: Love the Tank! SWEET!!!!
  14. FishTaleZ

In doubt regarding acclimation process

Good point Mike; No I don't have a shortage of salt water. My inexperience told me that salt water may have stressed them out more than fresh. I added the coral to the acclimate tank with the water that they came in. Then I would top it off with the fresh water to meet up to the tubing. I'm...
  15. FishTaleZ

In doubt regarding acclimation process

Advice needed - I am in the process of purchasing corals via online. So far I have had no issues but would like to ask some advice. I have purchased an Acclimate from Dr Foster and Smith and have been very successful in buying SW fish as I can ask for additional SW to acclimate properly...